Blue Iris clips not recording

Reaction score
I just noticed that blue iris wasn't recording any clips (all my cameras are set to continuous). I looked in the logs and see an error that says "clip: disk full" and also "add to BIDB failed". Under clip storage status, it shows I have over 2 tb available. I deleted my db so it could rebuild (before I realized the error with storage), that's why my db is showing so small. I backed up the old and can restore if needed. Any ideas as to what could be wrong and what I should try? See attached.status.pngerror.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have system restore turned on for that drive? If so, it "reserves" space to allow that to happen and thus it shows full.

Is the drive internal or external?

Post screenshots of your storage settings.

Reaction score
@wittaj , thank you for the reply. When you say "system restore" do you mean within BI or windows? I don't have system restore turned on in windows, but I'm not aware of that option in BI.

When you ask for me to post screenshots of storage settings, what settings specifically would you like to see? Thank you!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
System restore for the Drive itself. I had a similar instance once where I had half the drive available and BI was saying it was full. For some reason either I or Windows had set up system restore on that drive. When I turned it off and made the storage for system restore 0GB, I had access to the rest of the drive.

Another thing I have seen is if you never clear out your recycle bin, that can "reserve" space on the drive as well.

As for as the storage settings, I am looking for the screenshots that shows where and what the New, Stored, Alerts, etc are being saved to and their retention policy. Obviously if the above fixes your issue, then we don't need the screenshots LOL.