Blue Iris Compatibility?

rjstamey

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking at a couple of cameras on New Egg that are going for about half the normal price after a 30% discount. I cannot find anything saying they are compatible with Blue Iris. Anyone know if any of these are?

Open Box: Samsung WiseNet Lite SND-L6013 2 Megapixel Network Camera - Color, Monochrome - Newegg.com

Open Box: PROXY HNC5230PT 3MP Outdoor Mini PT Dome Camera - Newegg.com

Open Box: 2GIG 250-Series Indoor-Outdoor Mini Dome HD Camera - Newegg.com

If not, any cameras around the same price you would recommend?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking at a couple of cameras on New Egg that are going for about half the normal price after a 30% discount. I cannot find anything saying they are compatible with Blue Iris. Anyone know if any of these are?

Open Box: Samsung WiseNet Lite SND-L6013 2 Megapixel Network Camera - Color, Monochrome - Newegg.com

Open Box: PROXY HNC5230PT 3MP Outdoor Mini PT Dome Camera - Newegg.com

Open Box: 2GIG 250-Series Indoor-Outdoor Mini Dome HD Camera - Newegg.com

If not, any cameras around the same price you would recommend?
Welcome rjstamey,

Looks like the Proxy camera is listed as ONVIF so it should work. Looks like a nice mini PT camera. I recall seeing some cameras which look like that from Dahua so I suspect it is a Dahua OEM.

I've heard good things about Samsung cameras, but the newegg page doesn't list it as ONVIF, you'd want to dig further for more info.

2GIG camera.. I didn't see ONVIF listed on that page...

As It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.