Blue Iris consol problems

Garner Temer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Recently i noticed that i am not getting any alerts posted in the time line or being added to the alert clips folder. Anyone know what the solution is to fix this...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Recently i noticed that i am not getting any alerts posted in the time line or being added to the alert clips folder. Anyone know what the solution is to fix this...
Could be lots of things, first check your storage drive and make sure it working. Check that you are set to the correct profile. Check the traffic signal.

Garner Temer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fenderman, Thank you for the reply, All profiles are set to continuously record. Storage device is working properly, I did remove the Motion alert due to it putting short non playable clips in the clips archive window. Traffic signal is all Green....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman, Thank you for the reply, All profiles are set to continuously record. Storage device is working properly, I did remove the Motion alert due to it putting short non playable clips in the clips archive window. Traffic signal is all Green....
What version of blue iris are you running.
You likely selected store alerts as high res files in your record tab to generate those still images..uncheck it, leave create alert images checked.

Garner Temer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think so, I can take some screen shots, but for the most part i have alerts going in to "alerts files located on Drive E" New going into "new on drive E" then being moved to stored after 2 days. Stored is going to "stored Drive E" I can take a screen shot if it would help.

Garner Temer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually, Had to reinstall BI, due to a windows 10 problem (no shocker there) anyhow the computer was repaired with the New version of 10, and was due to update my Storage array, Anyhow long story short, uninstalled blue iris, added new raid drive re installed blue iris. Now I have this strange problem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, Had to reinstall BI, due to a windows 10 problem (no shocker there) anyhow the computer was repaired with the New version of 10, and was due to update my Storage array, Anyhow long story short, uninstalled blue iris, added new raid drive re installed blue iris. Now I have this strange problem.
Delete the database folder and let it regenerate.

Garner Temer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
? in the quite words of the virgin marry; please come again?

- - - Updated - - -

I assume you want me to delete the folder and then start fresh???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
? in the quite words of the virgin marry; please come again?
open clips and archiving, you will see where your database folder is located. Use windows explorer to go there and delete the folder named db. blue iris will regenerate that folder.

Garner Temer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How about i just direct it to a new file? Do you think that would work... Fenderman, my only hestation with destroying that file is that we are a gaming facility.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How about i just direct it to a new file? Do you think that would work... Fenderman, my only hestation with destroying that file is that we are a gaming facility.
That file holds no data, it simply indexes the alerts and hold low res images for the thumbnails...you can back it up if you wish or point it somewhere else.

Garner Temer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
okay i did redirect the data file, that seemed to make the alerts work, however no i am getting sort clips on clips console but that might just be because not enough time has passed to record the full 20 min section.