Blue Iris continuously losing remote connection

JP2017

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a question, I can't seem to find an answer online for. It seems each time my machine running blue iris is rebooted, or network rebooted, I lose remote connectivity to the app, where I cannot see cameras live stream. What I find is that the server's WAN changes during any kind of reboot/reset, causing me to never have a reliable set up.

Today my alarm went off and I couldn't check the cameras because the WAN address must've changed. Wondering if someone can help guide me to the right way to set this up so my system or configuration can maintains a permanent WAN address where I do not have to keep checking if it changed. Recommendations, thoughts or suggestions?

All camera are POE Duhau.

Nanodot

n3wb
Reaction score
on a related note (i think), i had set up a no-ip hostname then discovered using BI wizard on the dynamic ip page that BI includes a service as well. I deleted the no-ip but now am not sure where that options page of BI is located to set in lieu of no-ip.

I have the check box on the "about" tab for "register ip" ... this topic would be a good add-on for this video:

BI has worked fine for me over a year. My problems only started when i bought the android app and have been frustrated setting that part up.
TIA