Blue Iris Demo

erylflynn

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently installed Blue Iris and so far like it, shame it is a Windows only product. I am running into an issue evaluating it, seems the schedule is not working. I have watched the YouTube guide, read the documentation and it doesn't work like the guides. When I drag to select a time range I get no light blue overlay. Is this disabled in the demo, or is something broken in my install?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently installed Blue Iris and so far like it, shame it is a Windows only product. I am running into an issue evaluating it, seems the schedule is not working. I have watched the YouTube guide, read the documentation and it doesn't work like the guides. When I drag to select a time range I get no light blue overlay. Is this disabled in the demo, or is something broken in my install?
Welcome to the forum. The schedule works in the demo.
What do you mean by blue overlay? the blue color of profile 2?
Also make sure you select enable in the schedule window.
PS, there is nothing wrong with windows :)

erylflynn

n3wb
Reaction score
Think I figured it out, there is no easy way to clear all the green to start with a clean slate. That caused me to think things were not working.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Think I figured it out, there is no easy way to clear all the green to start with a clean slate. That caused me to think things were not working.
You can clear everything by selecting inactive then drawing it...techincally its not clearing everything its simply drawing an inactive profile which appears clear because there is not profile there.
There is no real reason to clear everything..if you are using a schedule then there has to be a profile all the time or inactive.

erylflynn

n3wb
Reaction score
What about if I set it to alert and motion capture say 8-5pm under 1 profile, but under another turn them off and select all hours? Will the all over ride the 8-5? Or do I need only one profile per time period?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What about if I set it to alert and motion capture say 8-5pm under 1 profile, but under another turn them off and select all hours? Will the all over ride the 8-5? Or do I need only one profile per time period?
You only need one profile per time period...if you want to disable recording for another time period simply set recording to manual only during that profile.