Blue Iris Error: Could not MapViewOfFile

rappleby

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently updated the IOS version of Blue Iris to v.. The next time I logged on to the BI pc from my iPhone, I got the message: "For optimal performance, please update the Blue Iris software on your PC". Normally, BI will update the software on its own but when I tried to update the software on the PC by running BlueIris4 (32bit) and then doing the update, all I get is the splash screen with the error message on top of the splash screen.

I have tried the update at the BI site and re-installing BI4 over existing installation, but NO JOY. I also tried running CrapCleaner in case the problem might have been caused by temporary files (or any of the other junk that windows creates of leaves behind) and then rebooted the PC, but that didn't help either.

The system service runs at startup on the PC and I can connect with my iPhone, but I cannot seem to run the full software on the PC in order to update it.

Any of you gurus out there have a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@rappleby Welcome to the forum. To confirm you are running the 32 and you installed the 32 bit update?
Try closing blue iris and installing the update from the website while blue iris is closed.