Blue Iris Error

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Strange thing has been happening the last several hours. I try to open the client on the server. It errors upon trying to run the program and shuts the program down. BI is still running in the background. I shut BI down in services and restart. Click on the app again to open the program and it fires up. The strange part is that it has a new camera added with no settings. I delete it. Come back awhile later. Same thing. Any clues?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
if you are running the latest release, email support otherwise update and test again.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last night I changed the password to the system and the tool that rebuilds the database. So far no more issues since yesterday evening.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Issue reoccured today. Working with Ken to see if it's me or the software.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've had this issue for months. Please report back with your findings.

sretlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This morning I did have a created ghost account after the webserver was shutdown. I do make a seperate topic about this. But maybe related....

sretlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you try to contact support. I did this morning regarding this and another problem.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, sent my registry settings and he couldn't reproduce it. Runs flawless most of the day then I will open up the client on the computer to tweak cameras and it will fail to open and error. It is still running in the background but I can't access it until after I go to task manager and shut it all down, restarting, then open the program again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, sent my registry settings and he couldn't reproduce it. Runs flawless most of the day then I will open up the client on the computer to tweak cameras and it will fail to open and error. It is still running in the background but I can't access it until after I go to task manager and shut it all down, restarting, then open the program again.
reinstall it and make sure you are running a CLEAN windows install...that should not be happening..also what EXACT version of BI are you running.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Trying to find a copy of Windows 10. I have a version I bought for my other computer but sure it's only good for one system. Stay tuned.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Trying to find a copy of Windows 10. I have a version I bought for my other computer but sure it's only good for one system. Stay tuned.
huh? you have a license for that computer...simply download the microsoft media creation tool and create a usb...you dont have to find anything.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have everything saved on an the purple drive but the database. Backup the database and export the configuration file. Anything else?