blue iris evaluation version quirk?

clean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just getting everything dialed in on the new system before I purchase blue iris. I have been over the "clips and archiving" tab and cannot find anything that would cause what im experiencing so I figured it may be because im running the evaluation version.

anyway it seems I can only store roughly 2 hours of footage, anything further into the past then that is gone.

is this due to the evaluation version?

thanks.

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't think so. Post a screen shot of your settings. I ran the eval version for a week and stored footage the whole time.

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is your stored folder setting? You only posted the new.

What is your hardware setup? This keeps getting posted on here every day.. if you have an SSD and one HDD, put the db and alerts on the SSD, put the new folder on the HDD, and don't use stored.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
10GB isn't much for the new folder, either. I'd also say change the combine and cut back to an hour. A one hour clip at 10FPS, 1080P, 4096VBR is almost 2 gigs. An eight hour file can get pretty big, especially at higher resolutions, and be a PITA to review when you need to go back and look at something.

clean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks guys, the default for the limits was way too low. Got it fixed but now having a different issue. When im playing back (I record continuous 24/7) , and clicking on the motions to see what happened - its fine when I have all four cameras open , but if I have just one open jumping around through play back is really choppy and slow. If i hit the "go to next alert" button or just click through the timeline it doesn't do anything for at least 5 seconds - basically unusable. Only happens with one cam open...if all four are open its fast... thinking it must be one of my settings.

@Walrus I have a 120GB SSD and 4 TB seagate barracuda. I put the DB and alerts on the SSD. I set the data cap for alerts at 75 GB. I put the new folder on the HDD and set the limit to roughly 5% less then the 4TB. I set stored to 0 GB.

any ideas? thanks.

Screenshot (4).png Screenshot (5).png Screenshot (6).png

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Those storage settings look good. You can up the new to 100gb less than the total, so 3624.

No idea on the playback.