Blue Iris - frequent bad e-mail alert images

luken001

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris running on Windows 7 platform monitoring 2-3 cameras - motion alerts active. Motion being detected and video files stored properly; however, about 50% of the e-mail alert messages have issues with the images that are included. Most of the time when there are issues, none of the images come through. Occasionally, the 1st image works but the 2nd fails. Works the same for several, different e-mail readers so the issue appears to be on the sending side. When images sent directly to e-mail from the cameras, they never fail. So the issue appears to be either the Blue Iris SW or its interaction with the SMTP server on my Windows box. Anyone run into this before and found and fixed the issue? Any suggestions to help troubleshoot?

luken001

n3wb
Reaction score
Did a bit more investigation. Turns out I had "in-line" selected for adding the images to the e-mails. When I un-clicked this (so they would be added as attachments) everything started working properly and consistently. Not really a fix for the problem; but, since attach vs in-line doesn't matter to me, I am back on-line and happy.