Blue iris FTP Proper Settings?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am doing some tests so my B.I. to upload the clips and images to my hosting server.
And i have my settings done from my host/server id,pass,port,etc..., but looks like nothing goes in the hosting/server folder.

Any advice?
Thanks.

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just guessing - but have you selected "Mark new files for web archival" on camera recording tab?

Attachments

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, i did now, but still i don't see any pictures or videos uploaded into my server/host. In the options/ftp settings, and then edit where it say :base folder, do we need to have like this: /myfoldername/ or /myfoldername ? so the files : video and pictures can go in?

Now is there anything that needs to be done with port fording ? maybe the program will not push the stuff up because has no port?

Also i see at your options: you have checked "Pre-trigger video buffer (frames) to 100, is that not causing to low performance?

Thanks,

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What kind of FTP-server you are using? Do you get any error messages?

Here is my Blue Iris FTP settings for sending clips from remote location to my home via internet. (Synology NAS FTPS file service). Port forward is done in server-side router. I don't use standard port for WAN so I set port 52520 for FTPS and some random port range for data transfer. I also use No-IP DDNS because my public IP changes frequently.

Here is the settings from another Blue Iris. For an old Buffalo LinkStation via LAN without port forwarding.

Both works well.

I'm not sure but it is possible that your firewall blocks FTP?

Pre trigger 100 raises my CPU usage only 1-2% or nothing. I have 4 hikvision 2032 set to 2 Mpix, 20 fps, i frame 10 and CBR 8192. Blue Iris run as service and direct to disc. Processor is i7 4770S, CPU usage ~15%.

Attachments

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So i have all those settings like you have.

Now when i setup the ftp settings, i click "test" and it does sends the ftptest.txt to my hosting server, and i did few manual screenshots but i don't see any pictures uploaded to my host yet.

I am using a hosting company, not my own server.

Thank you for the above info! and help...

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For some reason, i am only seeing B.I. to send pictures that are manually done the snapshot to ftp!
What are the exact settings to do snapshots when trigger?
I have all the settings like you have in post#2 (picture)
Also no video files are sent to ftp.

Thanks for any advice.

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I missed "image upload" from your first post - sorry. You must enable JPEG snapshot ... Example is for recording images 5 sec interval. Adjust the interval what you want.

It seems that the FTP settings are correct, because the manually taken snapshots uploaded correctly. I still don't understand why the video files don't?

Attachments

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks that the pictures works fine, the videos it did upload few, on the oct 21, but 22 no videos where uploaded. Maybe because the way i record, as i have it to record all the time and the video maybe too long. But looks like they take a lot of space just on the oct 21, almost 20gb was uploaded for that day.

Paul61

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess a lot of FTP hosting services have limitations on IP camera uploads. I initially used DriveHQ's FTP server, but learned it is not for IP cameras and they have a special FTP service for IP cameras at Cameraftp.com. If it does not work with your hosting provider, you can test it with cameraftp's free trial.