Blue iris H265

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I am on upgrading my cams one by one first one I have got is OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam to act as a camera/intrusion alarm above a door. I have also decided to invest in blue iris its a great program and should of had it 4 years ago instead of messing with hikvisions slow clunky software.

Now I am recording direct to disk and noticed in my cameras web page settings, that I can change the codec to h265, which I believe would be better compression? Would there be any disadvantage of doing this by default its on 264?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I am on upgrading my cams one by one first one I have got is OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam to act as a camera/intrusion alarm above a door. I have also decided to invest in blue iris its a great program and should of had it 4 years ago instead of messing with hikvisions slow clunky software.

Now I am recording direct to disk and noticed in my cameras web page settings, that I can change the codec to h265, which I believe would be better compression? Would there be any disadvantage of doing this by default its on 264?
blue iris does no support intel hardware decoding using 265

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right so it's a toss up really of CPU or compression