Blue Iris hardware - NEED HELP :)

Gilles0181

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok this is maybe a very stupid question for most of you, but i have currently one Foscam FI9900P cam and recently bought an SD59225U-HNI. My wife just told me there was another break-in in the neighborhood last night so it is time to setup my SD59225U-HNI cam (which is still in the box it came in due to having 2 small kids).

The Foscam is mounted in my yard, but it is (a) currently not recording 24/7 e.g. only viewable when i open the Foscam app and (b) it is mounted in the wrong spot. The idea was to mount the SD59225U-HNI in the yard, connect it to my Synology DiskStation DS1815+and use Surveillance station for it, since that would be cam 2 of 2 which i can use.

But i read a lot of good stuff about Blue Iris....

If the Foscam would be moved to my front door, i could monitor the front of the house, like here:

I might switch that Foscam for another Dahua (non-PTZ), but i just simply don't know which one. Any ideas here are welcome. The idea here is that a motion detector on my porchlight sets the porchlight to 100% at night and can (optionally) also trigger a PTZ scene via home automation

So basically i have two questions;
1) Would you recommend to use BI or a Dahua PVR solution?
2) Which cam would you advise to use up front? Non-PTZ, preferably with Starlight and with such an angle so it can see both my car and my room window and anything in between like seen here (and maybe also cover some of the roof there):

Gilles0181

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok i cut the cord and went for a new NUC (i7) to be my new HTPC, the old one (Core i5-4250U) will be the Blue Iris server (if it can't cope i will have the i7 do it). Now all i need is some advice for my cam situation.. Anybody?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you can easily use that nuc with your load..