Blue Iris help with installing new camera

Rodney Tindel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I bought and downloaded BI on my laptop-there is a reason. I don’t have a desktop for the time being and I want to be able to take my laptop to a garage about 200 ft away. I bought IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras and would like to hook one up temporarily to a 2x4 and have the ability to move it around to certain locations. I need help on how to accomplish this thru BI, I just plugged it in and tried to allow BI to find the camera and no go.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera is probably not on the same IP address as your home network.

Use one of the tools in the wiki to change the camera IP to the same as your network.

There are other ways, but it involves temporarily force changing your IP address and to some that is over their computer skills, so those programs work well.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try Dahua Camera Initial Setup in the Wiki....:rolleyes:

Then move on to Blue Iris. As stated by @wittaj , the PC or laptop with BI needs to be on the same subnet as the cam. In other words, if the cam's IP is 192.168.1.108 (default), then the BI server IP needs to be 192.168.1. 20 or .40 or .96 or the like, not 192.168.0.XXX or 10.0.0. XXX .

then BI can find the camera if you enter the cam's IP, username and password. Consult BI's built-in "Help', search for section entitled "Adding a New Camera".

Last edited: