Blue Iris High latency in the first 30 Minutes only

Reaction score
I posted this before but I knew a lot less then. Posting back with more info

Supermicro X8DTL-I LGA1366 Dual Xeon E5645 6-Cores CPU 16GB DDR3 ATX Motherboard

Dell PowerConnect 3548P Managed Network Switch

Support data:
Version: Release 4.7.2.2 x64
Service: Yes
License: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name:
Email:
Support: Basic
Expires: 10/30/2018 5:31:59 PM
WAN: http: 66.194.4xxxxxxxx
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5645 @ 2.40GHz [51%]
RAM: 3.26G
Clips: 14 files, 11.3G/31.0G
Storage: !! E: +2.78T, C: -14.0G

9 x 4MP Qsee IP cams - Hardwired with Cat6

All cameras connect to the network switch.

BI box connects to the same network switch.

CPU usually hover around 40%
Ram around 3gb of 16gb

When I start BI I compare the time difference between the camera and gui. It is about 1 sec. This slowly increase to about 70 seconds if I leave BI running for about 30 minutes.
After the initial 30 minutes. The lag does not increase anymore even after running for some days.

I have tried another network switch.
I have tried both nic of this board and also an external usb nic

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Noticed the !! in front of your storage line....mine don't have this. Might check in to that. From my past experience the only time the BI GUI lagged on me was when I was trying to use a WD green drive.....ether the drive was bad or just couldn't handle it. I swapped it to a black drive and all was well.

Reaction score
I was not able to replace the drive but the issue is still there if i put the stoplight into red. I assume the drive is not being used then. Also, The lag does not increase with time. If the drive was slow I would expect the lag to keep increasing

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I was not able to replace the drive but the issue is still there if i put the stoplight into red. I assume the drive is not being used then. Also, The lag does not increase with time. If the drive was slow I would expect the lag to keep increasing
Depends how you have your stoplight configured. Still don't explain why you have !! in your storage line. It looks like you have a negative 14.0G on drive C: ??