Blue Iris HTTP API

Reaction score
Hello all!! Im pretty familiar with Blue Iris and have been using it for 5+ years and absolutely love it. My question is I would like to send HTTP web url commands from lets say a web browser to solo select cameras on the Blue Iris camera viewing screen. I have my shortcuts setup to do so, but im looking for a method to do this from a control system. I've scrubbed the internet for a TON of commands that can be used and im using alot of them currently but can't seem to find anything on this topic. I own an AV company, and sell cameras all the time as well as distributed video system with a control system in place to control all of that. I often use the BI server as a viewer as well as recorder but rather than just putting the BI server in Full screen mode and keep it on grid mode i would like to be able to have my clients be able to push a button on a handheld remote to select their cameras 1-xx and expand the images and then have the ability to go back to grid mode. I'm certain i could do this with a keyboard emulator but would much rather do it through web commands direct to BI if im able to.

Any help on this would be much appreciated!! I have the ability to create a driver to do this, but would need the correct info to plug into this in order to make it work. Im thinking there must be a way to reference the short name of a camera, or the KB Shortcut used for said camera to be able to put each cam in Full screen/solo selected mode and then send it back to grid mode.

Thanks,

John

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Check out this HTTP interface command…
1648603222907.png

For example…
/admin?sendkeys=DW1:{ENTER} will select camera shortname DW1

And any of the following will return to grid view
/admin?sendkeys={ESC}
/admin?sendkeys=main:{ESC}
/admin?sendkeys=DW1:{ESC}

More key codes can be found here
SendKeys in C++

Reaction score
Disregard! I got it figured out! I was able to get this setup by using the following commands admin?camera=X&escape for grid mode, and admin?sendkeys=camshortname:camkbshortcut works flawlessly!

Reaction score
View attachment 123721

For example…

/admin?sendkeys={ESC}

SendKeys in C++
Thanks fo
View attachment 123721

For example…

/admin?sendkeys={ESC}

SendKeys in C++
Thanks for your reply man! i got it figured out about 20 mins ago....didnt look through the help file like i should have. Im used to the older BI days when there wasnt a help file hahah. Thanks!