Blue Iris + Imou Ranger 2- Setting up RTSP Sub stream.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there,

Just recently I installed an IMOU Ranger 2 at my office.
Using the following RTSP URL:

Note = rtsp:/ meant to have two "/" forward lashes, but somehow the BI forum automatically deprecate 1 forward lash.

1) How to create a sub RSTP stream using the format:
rtsp:/admin:<safety-code>@<IP-address>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Is it? Answer:
rtsp:/admin:<safety-code>@<IP-address>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=2&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

2) What is the purpose of showing, ONVIF Source: VideoSource_1 VideoSource_1???

IMOU Ranger2 Blue Iris Configuration
====================================
Username: admin
Password: XYXYXYXY >>> this the safety code printed at the bottom of the camera.

Stream Profiles:
----------------
Main:

Sample URL:
rtsp:/admin:<safety-code>@<IP-address>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

working rtsp stream URL:
rtsp:/admin: XYXYXYXY@192.168.1.230:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

2021-02-22_17-09-15.png2021-02-22_17-14-25.png

Last edited:

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Make sure your substream is enabled at the camera via browser, then use subtype=1 or =2

rtsp:/admin: XYXYXYXY@192.168.1.230:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure your substream is enabled at the camera via browser, then use subtype=1 or =2
@concord Thanks for your reply, actually the Imou Ranger 2 is the kind of consumer camera
which does not have a web interface to do the configuration on enabling the substream.
I need to download from a software called Toolbox from Imou website,
Then, after downloading, Toolbox, within this software, I need to select and install yet another software called: ConfigTool.

Last edited:

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
rtsp:/admin: XYXYXYXY@192.168.1.230:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
The minute that I enter this above rtps URL, click "OK" BI will start using Sub streaming in my live viewing.
However, if I want to see 1 camera live viewing, the live viewing will switch from Sub streaming to Main streaming
that is full resolution of the camera.

Thank you.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By the way, does Audio setting = 16bit PCM correct?

2021-02-22_23-55-48.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The minute that I enter this above rtps URL, click "OK" BI will start using Sub streaming in my live viewing.
However, if I want to see 1 camera live viewing, the live viewing will switch from Sub streaming to Main streaming
that is full resolution of the camera.

Thank you.
Not sure if you are saying that is a problem or not, but that is how it is supposed to work - see substreams when viewing the tile/cascade of cameras, but switch to mainstream when you select one camera.

For audio, just let BI pick the right one.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if you are saying that is a problem or not, but that is how it is supposed to work - see substreams when viewing the tile/cascade of cameras, but switch to mainstream when you select one camera.

For audio, just let BI pick the right one.
@wittaj No, I am not saying there is a porblem. Just showing the behaviour when I entered the Sub stream RTSP URL.
It works just as you described above. Live viewing will be always be Sub stream and switch solo camera viewing,
BI will show sub streaming for a few seconds, then after auto switch to Main stream.

I was reading on the BI pdf manual within BI software by clicking the "?"
Search the term: "RTSP" but sadly there is only a paragraph of it and that is all I have to rely on.
There is no step by step instruction showing how things work.

Last edited:

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wondering has anyone got an idea what this suppose to mean?
Please see below.:

Does it means this camera are able to do DUAL streaming?
The connected camera is an Imou Ranger 2
2021-02-23_11-05-13.png

However when check on my old Foscam camera, model: FI9831w
which does supports Dual streaming, it shows: a single VideoSource_1
What does it means, BI won't able to support dual streaming on this camera?
2021-02-23_11-09-24.png

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does Imou Ranger 2 (IPC-A22EP-B-imou) support RTSP stream?
If you read the entire post, it sure does support.

xxxxx - denotes the safety code on the camera, this can be found underneath the camera.
yyyyyyyy - denotes the fixed IP address of the camera.

rtsp: / = take note there sure be double forward slash "/" just after the colon ":" not single one

Main(default) = copy the entire string of text below and paste it into blank box

rtsp:/admin:xxxxx@yyyyyyyy:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Sub(default) = copy the entire string of text below and paste it into blank box

rtsp:/admin:xxxxx@yyyyyyyy:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Last edited: