Blue Iris IOS app - IOS 8.0 update problem?

bigbadw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hope I'm not jumping the gun on this one, but is anyone else having trouble accessing BlueIris using your iPhone app once you've upgraded to the new IOS 8.0?

It was working fine until I upgraded, now I am unable to find/log in to the server using the BlueIris app. I have done all the trouble shooting I can think of, even rebuilding the configuration inside of the iPhone app.
Error code:
Blue Iris
Unable to make connection;
check server address

Note: I have other iPhone apps that access my home network through the router (port forward) and they still work.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well major OS updates do tend to break things... Can you access the Blue Iris web interface from your iphone? If that is still working but the app is not then I'd say the proper course of action is to contact Blue Iris support.

Brad Corey

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased this app on Sat. and it wont connect at all. I have ios 8.02 on iphone 6.
I can pull up the web browser on my phone and access the webserver NO PROBLEM. This is an app issue.

Does technical support monitor this thread? I hope so.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, these threads are not monitored. You need to email support.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI has no support staff on these forums, bugs need to go to them for resolution..

If it is a fatal iOS 8 bug I presume they know about it by now; Apple tends to take a while to get updates approved to there store and i bet there are alot of software updates going on after the release... It may be a waiting game until its fixed.