blue iris ipone app

mike4512

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all i am new here and recently purchased and amcrest outdoor bullet camera and have been useing the 15 day free trial for iris.I want to use the mobile iphone app as well.when i open the app its asking me for the 10 digit license number.Does that mean i need to purchase the full version of iris before i can use the app.If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly apprciated.

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe the license number will just lookup your IP info for you. The app will still work.

mike4512

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe the license number will just lookup your IP info for you. The app will still work.
Thanks for reply its asking me for username and password.would that be my camera log in info.will not let me log in.

mike4512

n3wb
Reaction score
spankdog the blue iris apps works when i have it running on my pc but when i close my pc it says on my iphone app i have lost conection.Is there something i need to do to keep it on my iphone with out having it run on my PC all the time.

Thanks

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
spankdog the blue iris apps works when i have it running on my pc but when i close my pc it says on my iphone app i have lost conection.Is there something i need to do to keep it on my iphone with out having it run on my PC all the time.

Thanks
How will you connect to a program that isn't running?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Why create an app if you need blue iris running on Pc all the time to acces it on mobile phone.if that's the case this software is useless to me as my phone is my Pc.
Do you know what blue iris is? it records the video streams and other things, if you just want to view on your phone download tinycam.

mike4512

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you know what blue iris is? it records the video streams and other things, if you just want to view on your phone download tinycam.
Yes i know but i dont think blue iris is for me.looking for an app that would send me notifications to my iphone when i am away from home.I checked out tinycam but its only for android.if you have anymore suggestions on an app to use please let me know.Thanks for reply guys much appreciated.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes i know but i dont think blue iris is for me.looking for an app that would send me notifications to my iphone when i am away from home.I checked out tinycam but its only for android.if you have anymore suggestions on an app to use please let me know.Thanks for reply guys much appreciated.
you could set up the cameras to email you stuff, if you have all one brand like dahua or hikvision you can buy their app and get notifications on it, but I think you still need an NVR, I don't think you are going to get notifications like push unless you have a box running all the time at home.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why create an app if you need blue iris running on Pc all the time to acces it on mobile phone.if that's the case this software is useless to me as my phone is my Pc.
Because as the app description says it's made to be used with the server...It's a fully functional VMS....That's the way it works..Why not use the amcrest mobile app which should allow push notifications since they are rebranded Dahua camera...no other app will do what you want without a server...

mike4512

n3wb
Reaction score
Because as the app description says it's made to be used with the server...It's a fully functional VMS....That's the way it works..Why not use the amcrest mobile app which should allow push notifications since they are rebranded Dahua camera...no other app will do what you want without a server...
I dont really care for amcrest app.Thought there might be a better app out there to use.I will have to stick with amcrest app thanks for info.