blue iris lan access

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I like blue iris and will probably go with it after the trial ends. I will probably set up a dedicated server running 4-5 cameras but my question is if the server is on another floor/room is there a way to access the BI interface from another laptop or tablet within the LAN? Thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I like blue iris and will probably go with it after the trial ends. I will probably set up a dedicated server running 4-5 cameras but my question is if the server is on another floor/room is there a way to access the BI interface from another laptop or tablet within the LAN? Thanks in advance
If you want to access the full interface you will need to use Remote desktop, teamviewer etc...a full client is expected at some point in the future.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are android, IOS, and Windows phone/tablet apps. There is a java app that works really well as a display wall. Look at customizing and the Blue Iris Tools sub forums... The registered version works a lot better then the demo.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/93-I-made-a-better-remote-live-view-page

Last edited by a moderator:

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I noticed that you can pay for a backup or a cd of the program is this necessary? Couldn't I just download the program and insert my key if it crashes etc? Once downloaded can I burn the installation program to a cd for backup?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed that you can pay for a backup or a cd of the program is this necessary? Couldn't I just download the program and insert my key if it crashes etc? Once downloaded can I burn the installation program to a cd for backup?
There is no need to pay for a backup cd as you point out. You can download it at anytime or burn a copy. Just keep a emailed copy of your license key and tape a copy to the blue iris pc as well. Every so often there are complainers online demanding that the developer provide them with the key that they lost. As if its his job to keep a record of every key.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How do you see your key ? my has xxxxx and some numbers. I want to upgrade with the 50% off but, need to see my current key on BI 3

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL ya sure from my email 4 years ago or so. Is there no way to expose my hidden key ?
Why not, use gmail, dont delete old emails.
As with any other software, its always best to print the key and attached it to the pc or keep in a safe place.
You can try to email support with your info and last digits of the key...