Blue Iris lost all live video connections all of a sudden!

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got a call tonight from one of my customers. BI lost all camera connections after the latest update. I can go to each cameras video tab and click the link and log into cameras, but no live video feeds in BI. Anybody else have this issue recently? I checked the port forwarding and it's working also.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got a call tonight from one of my customers. BI lost all camera connections after the latest update. I can go to each cameras video tab and click the link and log into cameras, but no live video feeds in BI. Anybody else have this issue recently? I checked the port forwarding and it's working also.
First, turn off auto update!!! restart the machine...if it still does not work, then revert back...

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It didn't auto update. I restarted machine and still a nogo. Even deleted all cams and tried re adding. Still nothing.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Will go back tommorrow and see what happens.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im missing 5 of 8 cameras in live view. I did not auto update and they are not hidden. Came home today and only three are showing up in live view but when I go to BI camera status they show up and also I can view them from the remote app. Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Im missing 5 of 8 cameras in live view. I did not auto update and they are not hidden. Came home today and only three are showing up in live view but when I go to BI camera status they show up and also I can view them from the remote app. Any suggestions?
Make sure you didnt move the cameras to the desktop view...also have you tried restarting?

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have tried restarting bi and also the entire system. I'm not even sure how to move them to desktop view. How do I check?

There was a windows update on 10/30 so I'm going to try an uninstall that although I don't think that was it since it was working after.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried restarting bi and also the entire system. I'm not even sure how to move them to desktop view. How do I check?

There was a windows update on 10/30 so I'm going to try an uninstall that although I don't think that was it since it was working after.
cameras can be dragged to the desktop if "drag lock" is not enabled. You should see new tabs for them on the bottom...if you want to do a teamviewer session PM me the info and ill see whats going on..

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't see any tabs. Very strange.

Also no alerts are showing up from the other cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't see any tabs. Very strange.

Also no alerts are showing up from the other cameras.
Your cameras are set up in groups, at the bottom left, select all camera view rather than the specific group.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry Fenderman, where about in the bottom left? I don't see anywhere to click. You are correct they are in groups and the three that are showing are in a specific group.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Fenderman, where about in the bottom left? I don't see anywhere to click. You are correct they are in groups and the three that are showing are in a specific group.
bottom left of the main blue iris interface...make sure that show ptz controls is selected (right click on black portion of the display)..

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks that was it. ionce again USER error prevails.

Last edited by a moderator: