Blue Iris lost all my Alert Images, how to regenerate Alert Images

Reaction score
Okay, so Blue Iris's database got corrupted (in fairness, I had well of 300k clips from 15 cameras going back 9 months). Anyway, I did a repair/regenerate to fix the database, and since then I find that all of the alert images before 5/14 are missing.

The alert images are essential, as I switched from using separate files per motion trigger to one bvr file per day (for the reason explained above, too many files).

To troubleshoot, I've now offloaded all clips before April 2017. All remaining clips are full-day .BVR files, recorded on motion detect. I now have only 796 bvr files (a far cry from over 300k files I used to have).

There are still thumbnails present for each clip, but that's only one per day per camera. There seems to be some sort of bug in the repair/regenerate function which causes it to not regenerate all of the alert images. Obviously, this kind of defeats the purpose of alerts lol.

How can I manually have Blue Iris remake the alert images it lost (from the clips which are still present)?

bdorring

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Blueiris database sucks. I have had problems with it since I installed in 18+ months ago. Usually a database compact fixes it. But not recently.
I wish blueiris would convert to a SQL database. With multiple options. Use free Microsoftt sql database, or use your own MS SQL database for those who have access to SQL enterprise.
I will try a repair tomorrow. Previously that has fixed it for me.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what BI's database format actually is but I've had good success with SQLite. It has some limitations of course but I think it is the right tool for the job. A separate database server process would inevitably be more trouble to develop against, to install, to maintain, and to properly secure.

bdorring

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I stopped blueiris service. Deleted c:\blueiris\db folder (or rename). Started service again. This created brand new database. 12+ hours later, all my images are back.
Make sure you are viewing "All" in the clips up the top right hand side.

BTW, 281,000 clips, 8 months, 8 cameras, 3 hard drives, 7TB+ of storage (1 sdd, 2 large slow hard drives).
Got all clips back after deleting Database

Last edited:

Evisser4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did the alerts come back too? Or only the clips?