Blue Iris lousy support

morten67

n3wb
Reaction score
Signs that a product is selling very good is when existing clients are ignored. I wrote an email to support@blueirissoftware.com asking for support on MQTT, something not covered in the "Manual". Having received no answer (not even an acknowledgement that the mail had been received), I sent another one where I asked if my support request was off topic, or maybe not covered by the "Basic support" I'm entitled to during 1 year. Again, no answer.

Hopefully sales will drop some in the future, so that existing customers again will be valued...

(PS! I bought my version at ipcamtalk. I do not plan to extend support).

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Signs that a product is selling very good is when existing clients are ignored. I wrote an email to support@blueirissoftware.com asking for support on MQTT, something not covered in the "Manual". Having received no answer (not even an acknowledgement that the mail had been received), I sent another one where I asked if my support request was off topic, or maybe not covered by the "Basic support" I'm entitled to during 1 year. Again, no answer.

Hopefully sales will drop some in the future, so that existing customers again will be valued...

Support reply's can take a week or more. You also must ask for it using the software so that the license and other info is transmitted. If you dont like it use another software package or upgrade to priority support. You cannot expect immediate support when you paid 60 bux. Note that when you request support again before receiving a reply you get bounced back to the bottom of the list.

morten67

n3wb
Reaction score
Support reply's can take a week or more. You also must ask for it using the software so that the license and other info is transmitted. If you dont like it use another software package or upgrade to priority support. You cannot expect immediate support when you paid 60 bux. Note that when you request support again before receiving a reply you get bounced back to the bottom of the list.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to be patient. The part that goes "If you dont like it use another software package" is not very helpful though... I did not expect immediate support, I expected some kind of sign of life after 11 days.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to be patient. The part that goes "If you dont like it use another software package" is not very helpful though... I did not expect immediate support, I expected some kind of sign of life after 11 days.
Your part about hoping sales will drop is not helpful either. My point is there is a reason you are using blue iris 1) there are a ton of features. - name another vms package with mqtt integration 2) its cheap. If you dont like the level of support to the point you hope his sales drop, then use something else and speak with your wallet or upgrade your support package.

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've found it depends on the detail needed for the reply to my question. My last email was a feature request, and it was added two days after my email. That was crazy fast. Other times I've had a question about how to use a feature and I've usually ended up figuring it out on this forum or by trial and error before I get a response.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Again, be sure you are following directions in the BI help file how to properly send a support request.