Blue Iris major delay live view

jbird0420

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and to Blue Iris. All the help I found so far has been very helpful. But I am not finding a solution to my current issue with BI. I reviewed the Optimizing BI CPU usage section a few times. Basically there is a major delay in the live feed of BI on my computer which this computer is dedicated to BI only and IP Camera Viewer.
My computer spec- i3 3220/ 4gb RAM/ 500gb HD . BI only updates when I minimize the screen and maximize it or if I make changes and save then the live view updates. I have (2) PTZ Dahua SD1A203T cameras only. BI CPU usage hoovers between 20-30% in live view. I lowered the FPS in the camera settings within the Dahua camera frame rate settings to 15 FPS. I selected direct to disk recording format in BI. Intel for Hardware Accelerated decoding. Selected Run as a service in Windows. Live preview frame rate tried 10, that did not make a difference. Tried 1 as well no difference.
I have IP camera viewer installed as well and the live view works on that app flawlessly. So, it is something with BI. I thought it was my old computer but wanted to get some advice. Is BI to much for my computer to handle is there a setting for better optimization that I am not doing per Optimizing BI?

Thanks for the help!

jbird0420

n3wb
Reaction score
I deactivated BI on my i3 and loaded it on my i5. Works like it should on my i5. I guess it is the slow old I3..