Blue Iris Memory Leak? (Intel Graphics Driver problem?)

bjornhallberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So having run BI for a few months with no issues I started experiencing a string of warnings from Blue Iris Tools the other day. At first it was BI not being available for several days in a row and strangely enough this always happened around 4PM. Could have been some automated update, and I didn't think much of it. But starting yesterday the BI instance is hogging the CPU for no apparent reason. It used to be around 20% running four cameras but now it is steadily increasing until it reaches 90% or more. As far as I know nothing has changed in the settings. I manually update BI and Windows and did an update of everything following these events. When BI is rebooted the usage is normal but slowly starts building up.

I also experienced a downtime in the video stream for all cameras for at least an hour and a half yesterday. Don't know what happened here. No notification from BITools until after the fact and that was perhaps when things started to get really crazy with the CPU load?

Now, following the CPU guide from this forum, I disabled text overlay and also motion detection (by far the biggest difference) for the cameras and was able to get the usage down to 20% again. Don't know if that will hold or if it just rebooted some internal processes in BI. But I was nevertheless able to run all of this a week ago with no apparent CPU increase.

CPU temps seem ok but not phenomenal, around 45-50C. Speedstep settings and VID/frequency/multiplier seems to be jumping around quite a lot even at 20% load. Not that familiar with this generation of CPU to know if that is normal. Perhaps I should disable Intel's management functions in bios.

I'm manually regenerating the DBs now to see if it helps.

Windows 10 Pro
I5 6500
4 Dahua IP cameras
4TB WD Purple
BI version 4.6.3.0 but it seems to happen on the previous version as well.

Last edited:

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are some issues with the video driver from intel.
Search on memory leak on this forum and there are some topics about it.

Cor

bjornhallberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok! I had version 22.20.16.4771 installed. Downgrading to 21.20.16.4664 per this thread. We'll see what happens. Windows Update must have forced the update on me some time during the last week. I'm also disabling driver updates under control panel -> system -> hardware -> device installation settings.

Last edited:

beckford

n3wb
Reaction score
Think im having the same issue. I've rolled back the driver and its dropped back down to 16-17%. I will monitor it and see what happens.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been using 23.20.16.4849 for the past few days, CPU usage slowly creeps from 15% to 40% in a day :(

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I went back to 21.20.16.4664 also, it doesn't appear to work either. Went from 14% last night to 70-90% this morning.

upload_2017-11-14_8-43-37.png