Blue Iris not deleting old clips? HD is full.

clyoul3ss

n3wb
Reaction score
HI I have my clips being stored on a second drive called D: The drive is a 300 gig HD. I have blue iris set to delete the "NEW" folder at 250 gig. (250 gig is the limit size i put as in screenshot) Blue Iris does seem to delete the old files but only when the drive fills up to 299.95 gigs. (Basically when theres only 10mb left on the 300gig HD) I also have the D drive backing up to a local FTP that seems to be working fine. Anyone know how to get BI to delete at 250gig so the drive does not wear out so fast?

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What else is on the drive.
Provide a screen shot of the windows statistic on the folder storage properties.
Rebuild the BI database.
reboot the PC

clyoul3ss

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I checked the database and it seems to have a checkbox that says "repair database" everyday. So I suspect it is rebuilding itself everyday. I did "toggle" a few settings (changes delete clips at 290 gigs to 250 gigs) to try to make them "restick" and now I have 3 gigs free. What is an over allocation error....how do I fix that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I checked the database and it seems to have a checkbox that says "repair database" everyday. So I suspect it is rebuilding itself everyday. I did "toggle" a few settings (changes delete clips at 290 gigs to 250 gigs) to try to make them "restick" and now I have 3 gigs free. What is an over allocation error....how do I fix that?
you have allocated more space than is on the drive. search the forum for info.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In bi click the three vertical bar button on the top.
Click the clip storage tab.
If you have any red you are overallocated.

In general leave at least 20 gig or 10% of disk free.

clyoul3ss

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I formatted the D drive....and it now has 290 GB free. Blue Iris recreated the "blue iris" folder by default. I then stopped the blue iris service. Then I deleted the full DB folder on my C: drive. Then I rebooted. Will see if this works. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I formatted the D drive....and it now has 290 GB free. Blue Iris recreated the "blue iris" folder by default. I then stopped the blue iris service. Then I deleted the full DB folder on my C: drive. Then I rebooted. Will see if this works. Thanks
will happen again if you didnt fix the over allocation issue

clyoul3ss

n3wb
Reaction score
I allocated 250 gigs for the clips....out of a 300 gig hard drive. (standalone harddrive just for the clips, nothing else)
I looked up on the forums. Am I missing something?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I allocated 250 gigs for the clips....out of a 300 gig hard drive. (standalone harddrive just for the clips, nothing else)
I looked up on the forums. Am I missing something?
The image you posted showed a red warning indicating that you over allocated.

clyoul3ss

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I see the -255g now. I formatted the drive and it now has 290 gigs free. I dedicated it to just the clips. I limited the clips to 250gigs. So theoritically I should always have 40 gigs free. (290-250 gigs =
40 gigs) Is there something or somewhere I am missing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I see the -255g now. I formatted the drive and it now has 290 gigs free. I dedicated it to just the clips. I limited the clips to 250gigs. So theoritically I should always have 40 gigs free. (290-250 gigs =
40 gigs) Is there something or somewhere I am missing?
Check you settings for all other folders and ensure you have not allocated space to the same drive.

clyoul3ss

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I had the "stored" folder set to 200 gigs from a few months ago. I was not using it though. I had it set to "delete" I think this will fix it though! Hopefully this helps others.