Blue iris not Moving files

adehaan86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After a few hours it appears BI doesn't know how to read how much is in my "New" Folder.

Current 201 GB. Set to 160 GB.

Repair DB does fix the issue, but only temp and only for few hours. Any ideas?

This morning(7 hours ago) I repaired DB. Since then BI says the disk usage is all over (from 50 GB to 170 GB) and now its sitting at 0.00 for couple hours. Actually disk usage is about 175 GB.

Not sure what would be causing this.

Stored shows 1.4 used. Set to 1.8 TB so thats fine as of now.

Attachments

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Need a screen shot of how the clip storage is configured. Start out by using the names BI uses, such as "New", Stored", "Alerts" under a directory named "Blue Iris". This is a case where originality doesn't always work out so well. Another screen shot of the log might help as well.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
First thing is why are you saving "Alerts" to the "Database" directory? The database directory is where BI keeps track of ALL recordings and should not contain anything but those files, database files.

The log shows as nothing to do since there is still space.

You've got "New" saving to the database directory as well.

Clean those two things up and, since it's a NAS, make sure the login credentials are correct for BI. I would assume that they are since you're writing to it from BI, but we all know what happens when you assume.

Incidentally, the "Database" directory belongs on your local C drive, not on the NAS.

adehaan86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First thing is why are you saving "Alerts" to the "Database" directory? The database directory is where BI keeps track of ALL recordings and should not contain anything but those files, database files.

The log shows as nothing to do since there is still space.

You've got "New" saving to the database directory as well.

Clean those two things up and, since it's a NAS, make sure the login credentials are correct for BI. I would assume that they are since you're writing to it from BI, but we all know what happens when you assume.

Incidentally, the "Database" directory belongs on your local C drive, not on the NAS.
They are different directories.

Database //Ruby/ssd01/blueiris/database
New //Ruby/ssd01/blueiris/new

I put it on that drive because it is a SSD.

I have switched to c drive now to see if it resolves it.

Alerts is different directory. It's also not used and empty.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
You still have "New" and "Stored going to the same place. Set up a simple directory structure on ne drive, the largest, like this -

Blue Iris
New
Stored

As it's configured now, both being in the SSD01/Database, nothing will move and and there are conflicting size rules for the same directory, namely "Database".

adehaan86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You still have "New" and "Stored going to the same place. Set up a simple directory structure on ne drive, the largest, like this -

Blue Iris
New
Stored

As it's configured now, both being in the SSD01/Database, nothing will move and and there are conflicting size rules for the same directory, namely "Database".
I'm confused sorry. But your right it goes to same drive. Same blueiris folder but different folder.

Also the stored is a different drive. Am I missing something?

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
In your screen shots they both show as going to Ruby/SSD01/BlueIris/Database.

Please, construct a simple directory structure on your largest drive and give that a try.

adehaan86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still not seeing more then database in database directory. However datasbase been moved to c drive. And alerts and new use SSD. And stored uses nvr drive.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Look at your own PNG files for New and Stored configurations. They both pointed to Ruby/SSD01/BlueIris/Database and had conflicting size restrictions. You had the files set to store there, not create a new directory called New or Stored. BI does not create directories, only follows the pointers that you provide and writes the files there.

Like I said, create a simple directory structure like I mentioned above on Ruby/SSD01 and try that. I've been using BI for about five years and have never had a problem with it moving and automatically deleting files based on size restrictions. You're over complicating file management this way. If you are limited in space on one drive, create a second, similar, directory structure on another drive and use that for half of your cameras or whatever the numbers will accommodate.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Another thing to do...right click anywhere on the main screen, select "database", select "regenerate" if you haven't already don that.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd say run the regenerate once it's back up. Sort of clear BI's mind as it were.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
That should work but the one I pointed to, right click on the main screen and a pop-up box will appear. At the bottom is a "database" selection. Left click on that and select "regenerate/repair".

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In your screen shots they both show as going to Ruby/SSD01/BlueIris/Database.
@awsum140
No, they aren't. The database path always shows at the top. You are looking at the wrong field, and confusing things.

I see nothing wrong with how it was originally set up:
Database: \\ruby\SSD01\BlueIris\Database
Alerts: \\ruby\SSD01\BlueIris\Alerts
New: \\ruby\SSD01\BlueIris\New
Stored: \\ruby\nvr\Stored

Maybe uncheck 'Do not monitor free space (for some NAS)' on the new (SSD) since it's not a NAS.

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@adehaan86 what is your actual hardware? eg:
What is your C: drive? HDD, SSD? How big?
Where is your SSD? In your Blue Iris computer, or on another device?
What is your NAS? A separate NAS device? Or another drive in your Blue Iris computer?

adehaan86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@adehaan86 what is your actual hardware? eg:
What is your C: drive? HDD, SSD? How big?
Where is your SSD? In your Blue Iris computer, or on another device?
What is your NAS? A separate NAS device? Or another drive in your Blue Iris computer?

BI is on a VM of unraid.
C drive can be expanded. Currently 30 GB on Array HDD
Unraid has all drives. SSD, Array for VM and Hdd(stored)

However Moving to C drive is holding strong so far. No issues.