Blue Iris not triggering on Motion/IVS, Dahua ONVIF Camera

RangerRick

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm unable to get Blue Iris to trigger recording based upon Dahua IP camera (ONVIF). The camera Alert window shows the camera is triggering, but no recording occurs in Blue Iris (normal BI motion triggering works okay).

The camera is Dahua IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS, a sweet new 4 MP H.265 motorized 2.7-12mm zoom camera.. I really like these cameras, which are just $85 on Amazon right now, but would love to have the cameras do more of the IVS and motion triggering.

Right now, I can't tell whether this is an issue with the camera or BI.

Is there an event log or some recommended procedure to troubleshoot this sort of thing in Blue Iris to track down the root cause of BI not being triggered by the camera?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua IVS is not announced via ONVIF.. the Only NVR capable of making use of IVS at this time is a Dahua NVR.

BlueIris's Video Analytics are better than whatever's built into the cameras..

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If recording direct to disk on BI, is it BI analytics that will mark the events for later viewing, or is it the camera that will send the event triggers?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If recording direct to disk on BI, is it BI analytics that will mark the events for later viewing, or is it the camera that will send the event triggers?
either...blue iris has far more flexible than the cameras own motion detection...there is nothing to gain by using the cameras motion detection..

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
and BI can do this direct to disk without a big CPU bump? I am deciding if an i5 7500T will suffice with extra headroom for 8 cameras.

Last edited: