Blue Iris notification and schedule limitations

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Quick question. I went ahead and setup a schedule that sends me notifications. Was curious...

Is it possible to have notifications sent to different users for different schedules? For example. If I have a night schedule, could I have camera A notifications sent to mobile phone A and camera B to Mobile B for the same night schedule? I'm kinda thinking not, Just making sure =)

And another Yes/No Question.. Is it possible to have schedules Automatically switch? Or is the only way to change schedules via the mobile app settings and buried in the Blue Iris settings?

Thanks

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't quite understand "schedule that sends me notifications". Schedules control profiles. Are you setting a global schedule or specific camera schedules?

There is no way to automatically switch global schedules. To change global schedules from the main viewing page, right click on the current schedule name at the top of the screen (under the current profile name and next to the profile selector box). This will give you a selection box listing all the schedule names to choose from.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick question. I went ahead and setup a schedule that sends me notifications. Was curious...

Is it possible to have notifications sent to different users for different schedules? For example. If I have a night schedule, could I have camera A notifications sent to mobile phone A and camera B to Mobile B for the same night schedule? I'm kinda thinking not, Just making sure =)

And another Yes/No Question.. Is it possible to have schedules Automatically switch? Or is the only way to change schedules via the mobile app settings and buried in the Blue Iris settings?

Thanks
All notifications get sent to all users setup for notifications...
the schedule does automatically switch based on the times you set it to switch..

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't quite understand "schedule that sends me notifications". Schedules control profiles. Are you setting a global schedule or specific camera schedules?

There is no way to automatically switch global schedules. To change global schedules from the main viewing page, right click on the current schedule name at the top of the screen (under the current profile name and next to the profile selector box). This will give you a selection box listing all the schedule names to choose from.
It can be done if there is an HTTP or JSON command to do it.

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The "profiles" change but not the "schedules" correct? like if you wanted a different schedule for christmas, you would have to manually change it?

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Somehow I missed this reply. but I just meant alerts that send me notifications based on my profiles I just worded it terribly. But it sounds my thoughts were correct. There's no easy way to make these happen. I did not realize the main screen schedule shortcut though, so thanks for that.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The "profiles" change but not the "schedules" correct? like if you wanted a different schedule for christmas, you would have to manually change it?
That is correct.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is almost never necessary to have multiple schedules/presets....