Blue Iris notification images not working on Android all the time.

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is the trick to get consistent notification images sent to the android phone? I can get like ten in a row with images and then it just breaks and no images will be sent for the next however many, then it starts working again.

Things that I tried that made not difference.
I tried using stunnel.
Adding delay before push.
Changing notification image type from camera to alert image.
Turned off windows firewall.
Tried many different wifi access points and cellular.
Different alert letters.
Reinstalling Android app.
Pulling wifi out of smart sleep mode.
Changing BI ports. Running as Admin.
Updated to latest BI.
Rebooted BI server.
Specified PFsense Pure NAT.
Check Mark in PFsense Enable NAT Reflection for 1:1 NAT .
Check mark in PFsense Enable automatic outbound NAT for Reflection.
Forwared nesnsary ports in Pfsense to server IP.

Everything else works fine.

I also Have an Android tab that is set to receive the same notifications. Sometimes the phone will have an image and the tab will not and vise versa. Even an alert just pushed to one device still does it.

Nothing changes the inconsistency of image delivery. I just don't get it. I really like it when it works. It delivers an image to my smart watch. don't even need to open the phone. "When it works". What could this be?

Last edited:

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No one else? In my case I have figured out why notifications are not showing images sometimes on my Android maybe IOS as well. Turns out the app is logging out of Blue Iris server randomly. When it logs out it still sends notifications, just not with an image. I was watching the message log and every time it automatically logged out, this was the result. I set an action to send me a text on logout and sure enough when the text came the notifications stop showing images. I have turned off anything that would try to put my app to sleep on my phone. I don't see anything causing this issue. I tried this on wifi and mobile data with the same results. I'm not sure if this is a phone app issue or a connection being broken. There should be a auto reconnect. I know there is but only works when you initiate it or open the app. I spent days tracking this issue down haha. It was right in front of me the whole time. To bad I cant correct it

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What "app" are referring to?
Not having any problem here, with latest BI & Android phone app. On a Google Pixel 3aXl with Android 11.

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone figure out a fix for this issue? Or at least a work around?