Blue Iris on new phone

Reaction score
I had Blue Iris working fine with an S7. I upgraded to an S10 and something isn't right. I am running STunnel on the BI PC and have port forwarding set up already.

Old phone settings:
LAN: HTTPS, 192.168.1.xxx:yyyy
WAN:HTTPS, ...:yyyy

yyyy is the 4-digit port that I have forwarded.

The app on the old phone connects through LAN fine. I'm not sure about WAN since the old phone no longer has cellular service. If I put the exact same settings into the new S10 for LAN, it will not connect. If I put in my license and hit "get IPs", these addresses do not work on the new phone. The only way I have gotten the new phone to connect is by using the local LAN port on HTTP and not the external port (HTTPS). I completely uninstalled STunnel and re-installed but this did not correct the issue. I have also cleared BI app cache on the S10 and uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times.

Any ideas? This is blowing my mind since one phone works but the other doesn't and they are on the same network running the same app.

[edit] I can't connect using Chrome (ERR_SSL_KEY_USAGE_INCOMPATIBLE) but I can connect using IE and a VPN on a PC. I also verified that I can hit the webpage on the new phone from WAN but I get the SSL error.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, there is an iphone that also has their own license for the BI app in the household. I just checked and with the same settings that I cannot connect with, it connects fine.

Any ideas why my new S10 will not connect? The message is:

Unable to Connect. Please try again. Reason: Unable to Reach Server

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

As a temporary solution you can add sslVersion = TLSv1.2 in stunnel.conf

Reaction score
I saw that thread earlier but I was turned off by the fact that the certificate had to be renewed every three months. I just tried the "temporary solution" by adding sslVersion = TLSv1.2 in the config file and this corrected the issue.

Why is this a temporary solution? Can I just leave this in the config file without issue?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you can leave it without issue until some time in the (hopefully distant) future when devices start turning off TLS 1.2 support.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!

Correct me if I'm wrong - For a "permanent" solution I can either pay yearly for a certificate, or update my free certificate every three months?