Blue Iris on Updated Computer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have used Blue Iris for about 4 years (10 cameras). Up until I was hit with the 100% CPU usage problem (Hexa-Core CPU) all was good.

Due to several issues, I have updated my hardware to current Specs, Intel I-9 7920X 12 core, 64 GB Memory, Windows 10 Pro, etc. I know this is more than necessary for Blue Iris.

I will be assembling the computer in the next two to three days and would like to continue using Blue Iris after buying an updated copy because of the new motherboard, but I am worried that I will again be hit with the 100% CPU usage problem as the various threads seem to indicate it might be an Intel problem.

How would I best avoid this CPU usage issue with a new system? Is there anything that I should do or be aware of before reinstalling Blue Iris on my updated computer?

My technical abilities are limited and my ability to articulate the problems are probably not exactly correct however if I have the issue again how best should I proceed. I have read the threads; it appears as if neither Intel or Blue Iris have a definitive solution.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Everything is up and running with my new motherboard CPU and memory. My 100% CPU usage on the old CPU has gone down to 18% with the new CPU. Hopefully it will stay that way.