Blue Iris on Win 10 and Two Windows Users

rinconmike

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using a program called Netcam Watcher and want to switch to Blue Iris. I have a Win 10 machine with two users. With Netcam Watcher, I can run the program to display the cameras for each user. When I switch from one user to the other, the program is running and cameras displayed.

I have set up the demo of Blue Iris. If I have the UI running under one user (user 1), and go to switch to another user (user 2)and then try to run the UI under that user account (user 2), Blue Iris UI does not display. If I close the Blue Iris UI under User 1 before switching to User 2, when in User 2, the UI will run.

I have tried this with both running as a service and not running as a service and same thing.

Any ideas or is it not possible to have the UI running under both user accounts. Both user accounts are Admin accounts in windows.

thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I imagine it was built to only allow one GUI open at a time. The other account would have to use a web interface.

rinconmike

n3wb
Reaction score
I imagine it was built to only allow one GUI open at a time. The other account would have to use a web interface.
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that was not the case.

I did try and can access the web interface from the other windows account. However, the display is not as clean as I would like. Is there a way to just display the cameras in the Web Page View and not the side frames? I tried IE and Chrome and I cannot remove or change the sizes of the frames. If I could, that would be a work around that would work for me.

HULKEN

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 users on my windows 10.
You have to change settings to allow BI non admin to run.
Create a user in BI for the second person.
Run BI as a "Windows service" and close the admin console when you log out.
I couldn't get BI to open under the other user if I left console running under my login.
Then the other user can log into the non admin BI when they are logged into windows 10.
They wil have to enter the user name and password you create in BI every time they open BI.