Blue Iris Optimization, can you help me

bhunter

n3wb
Reaction score
I am building a new Blue Iris server. I am new to Blue Iris. I have 4 Hikvision 3 megapixel 1080p cameras. I want to setup Blue Iris to provide a high quality recording wile utilizing the least CPU. I have set the cameras to 15 fps, Highest recording quality and H.264. In Blue iris I set it to record "direct to disk".

Will you please let me know if there are any other settings I can change from deault to utilize the least CPU?

I also purchased a 4tb WD purple drive to record to, where do I tell Blue iris to record to that drive instead of C:

Thanks for all your help
Bill

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Lower frame rate in the camera's web interface always helps. Lower video resolution makes a difference, but that is usually an unacceptable trade. You already enabled direct-to-disc. I say unless you need the CPU load to be lower, then don't do anything and leave it as-is.

To record to a different drive, go to the main Blue Iris options and one of the tabs is for storage and backup. Change the location of the Alerts, New, and Stored folders to the Purple drive.