Blue Iris PC died and I’m not sure why

Beauthedog

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I built a Blue Iris PC back in April. It had been working ok, occasionally the computer would shut off and I was not sure why. I had gone through and changed all of the windows setting to prevent it from shutting off. However I was always able to just restart it and my cameras would start working again. I did have BI setup to run as a service.
The last time the computer shut off I have not been able to restart it. When I try to power it on, the computer beeps twice. I get an HP Sure Start screen that comes up saying the operating system is not present. Has anyone run into this issue before and have any recommendations on what to try? I tried pulling out the memory modules and reseating them. I thought my SSD might have gone bad, since I had purchased a cheap one on eBay originally, so I bought another SSD and am still getting the same error. The PC I have is a

HP ELITEDESK 800 G4 SFF INTEL CORE i5-8600 3.10 GHz 16GB

Any help is greatly appreciated I’d like to get my cameras working again.

Also, if I have to use the new SSD with Windows that I bought, do I have to re-setup blue iris and all of my cameras or will it remember it from the previous install?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The two beep is usually a memory issue, and you tried the reseating of the RAM. Maybe the RAM stick went bad?

Do you have a graphics card? If so try reseating it as well.

If you replace the SSD, you will have to reset up the computer. The motherboard will not have anything other than the Windows license stored in it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
Insure also that when you were re-seating the memory that if it's a 2.5" SSD that no SATA cable for the SSD was disconnected either at the SSD or at the motherboard; if the SSD is M.2 check to see it's seated properly also.

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you press the windows key and enter "windows tools" there is a memory test that runs at boot up. You can give that a try, but it takes a LONG time.
And it will stay at certain percentages for ever, like 21%, so just let it run for hours.