Blue Iris Playback 7 second freeze

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mahman, Jan 9, 2017.

Share This Page

1. mahman

mahman n3wb

I didn't want to hijack the other threads so started my own. I have read all other of these threads on this msg board and others.. have tried clicking things on and off, hardware acceleration, adjusting the fps/iframe, etc., and I'm still getting these 7 second freezes on playback. I'm at a loss at what I have missed (I bet you it's something completely simple). My Blue Iris app is allowed through Windows Firewall, all folders regarding Blue Iris are excluded in Windows Defender. Any help would greatly be appreciated!! Thank you!

Video System Info:
    i5-4590, 3.3ghz
    4gb ram
    windows 10 pro

Connection is: Router > POE Switch > Camera

Example video and settings images below:

01 - Cam Video Settings.jpg 02 - Cam Video Settings.jpg 03 - Cam Video Settings.jpg 04 - Cam Motion Settings.jpg 05 - Cam Video Settings.jpg

2. Mr-Gizmo

Mr-Gizmo Young grasshopper

Try unselecting "Use RTSP/stream timecode" in Blue Iris -> camera properties -> Network IP camera configuration.

3. mahman

mahman n3wb

Unselected, videos still doing the 7 second freeze.. arrrghh

4. spankdog

spankdog n3wb

Same problem here

5. mahman

mahman n3wb

So after some testing.. i found out at least for me... the freeze always happens after the preconfigured record time after motion is detected.. so initially I had it to record 4 seconds before motion is detected. So the video was actually freezing after 4 seconds. I changed the setting to 10 seconds pre-motion to record.. and lo and behold.. the video froze after 10 seconds. So at least I figured out why it's freezing when it does... but now.. how the heck do I fix it from freezing after the preconfigured record time??

6. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

uncheck "get events with pull point" in the configuration tab.

7. mahman

mahman n3wb

Unchecked it and two videos recorded this morning still had the 7 second freeze, ugh..

8. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

try deleting the camera and/or trying the hikvision rtsp option...if that doesnt work try using find inspect for the onvif profile.