Blue iris problem

Robb

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a problem with my Blue iris, cctv. I restored my PC keeping all the files untouched. But when my blue Iris came back on it has been wiped clean. Now when I try to add the cameras using the IP addresss I get an Error 8000007a code . Does anyone know what this problem is? I didn't install the cameras and I don't know what to do. They are Hikvison DS-2CD2385FWD-I cameras. Thanks.

Robb

n3wb
Reaction score
Update, the password was wrong it is still giving me the same error code.

Last edited:

Robb

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried, camera properties, Video, Configure, ticked decoder compatibly mode. then switched it off and both cameras came back on. The only problem is my Blue iris has a watermark through it now and its in demo mode which is a shame. I'm just glad they are back on so pleased.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried, camera properties, Video, Configure, ticked decoder compatibly mode. then switched it off and both cameras came back on. The only problem is my Blue iris has a watermark through it now and its in demo mode which is a shame. I'm just glad they are back on so pleased.
Well why dont you enter the license key so it wont be a shame?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My system was installed by a cctv fitter and I've rang him and he wont pick up?
Then you're going to have to buy a new key...it's okay though because you would need one for blue Iris 5....
You should also be using a dedicated PC for blueiris and install Windows clean...

Robb

n3wb
Reaction score
Then you're going to have to buy a new key...it's okay though because you would need one for blue Iris 5....
You should also be using a dedicated PC for blueiris and install Windows clean...
Yes, I bought a powerful pc and he took away my ssd disk and it came back preinstalled. Is Blue iris 5 going to make the other versions obsolete?

Robb

n3wb
Reaction score
My problem was using my cctv computer to watch football I've picked up tons of viruses. That's why I restored it in the first place, it was starting to ghost.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I bought a powerful pc and he took away my ssd disk and it came back preinstalled. Is Blue iris 5 going to make the other versions obsolete?
I don't know what you mean by you took away your SSD and it came back pre-installed... Version four wheel still work but you obviously don't have a key for it...
You had a virus I would encourage a clean install using the Microsoft media creation tool.

Robb

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by you took away your SSD and it came back pre-installed... Version four wheel still work but you obviously don't have a key for it...
You had a virus I would encourage a clean install using the Microsoft media creation tool.
I gave him a brand new ssd disk and he installed windows 10 and blue iris on it. I’ll check that out all my devices now have viruses on them it’s a nightmare.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the thread title should be changed to User Problem as this is nothing to do with BI

Generally you don’t use the pc that runs BI as a general home PC, like an NVR would be dedicate it to serving CCTV duties.

Not too sure what you can really do now if you don’t have the license key for BI, as @fenderman states you might have to buy a new license key if your installer won’t talk to you. Even if he/she does talk to then presumably they will charge you which might be more than the cost of buying the key yourself? Look at the banner at the top of this site from where you can purchase a key.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Just to add that you could use this experience to learn and setup all your cams yourself. If you don’t know the passwords for the cams you will need to factory reset them to defaults but there is a wealth of info here on this site, just use the search function and then read and then carry in reading

Robb

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah I can’t afford 45 pounds I don’t know what I’ll do now.But I will definitely leave the pc alone from now on after this.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't do any more business with that "cctv fitter".....sounds sketchy at best.

Robb

n3wb
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't do any more business with that "cctv fitter".....sounds sketchy at best.
Yes, I gave him some brand new cameras and a router. He said he would sell and he never got back to me.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I gave him some brand new cameras and a router. He said he would sell and he never got back to me.
Live and learn, eh? I know I did and still do.
Do you Facebook? If so, I'd post away about the guy, just make sure you can back up what you post.
That might save some other poor soul from dealing with him.

Robb

n3wb
Reaction score
Live and learn, eh? I know I did and still do.
Do you Facebook? If so, I'd post away about the guy, just make sure you can back up what you post.
That might save some other poor soul from dealing with him.
Yes lesson learnt, I bought Samsung SNV dome cameras which he said were no good. When I went past his house they were fitted on his home. They can’t of been that bad if he fitted them on his home. Would you clean install windows ten now after a virus. My CPU usually runs at about 10, it’s running high 30s now not sure why.? And do my cameras need to be running in 4K when my tv is only 1920x1280?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I can’t afford 45 pounds I don’t know what I’ll do now.But I will definitely leave the pc alone from now on after this.
The demo will expire in 15 days