Blue Iris Ram Spike Issue

ercchen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been using blue iris on my computer for the past 3-4 months with no issues and this morning I woke up and noticed my computer crashed. I restarted the computer and every time I run blue iris, the cpu usage has been spiking randomly (sometimes close to 100% or high 90's), causing my computer fan to run very loud and eventually crashing the computer.

The usage prior to this crash was hovering around 20-30% at all times. Not sure where the change came from. I JUST updated blue iris to the new version (after the crash happened) and it is still having the same issue.

Any ideas? Thank you.

ercchen

n3wb
Reaction score
it started randomly. after i restarted my computer, i continued to run blue iris without the update (even though I saw there was an update) and the problem continued.

I then updated the software but same issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
it started randomly. after i restarted my computer, i continued to run blue iris without the update (even though I saw there was an update) and the problem continued.

I then updated the software but same issue.
disable all the cams, enable one at a time..see if a specific camera causes this.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try downgrading to the previous release...I know that you said it started when the previous release was installed...but humor me and try downgrading to the previous release.

ercchen

n3wb
Reaction score
disable all the cams, enable one at a time..see if a specific camera causes this.
i have 3 cameras and disabled all and enabled one at a time and tested each camera individually...no issues when one is enabled.

when i enable 2 (tried different combinations) the spike is maybe once every few minutes.

when I enable 3, the spike is way more often. (although there are times when there a long periods between spikes)

so i dont think it is necessarily one specific camera.

I'll try to downgrade to the previous version to test as well. any other recommendations are greatly appreciated. thank you guys.