Blue Iris refreshing issue when restoring from minimized state in Remote Desktop

kavefish

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First, the title of the thread might be confusing, so I will explain!

I have 6 cameras at my mountain house. 5 are Logitech Alert (purchased 4 years ago and have worked flawlessly) and the second is a Bosch Starlight Dinion 5MP (installed in April). Those 6 cameras work very well in Blue Iris (on a i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, and 1TB SSHD). Blue Iris has worked so well over the years; it's wonderfully complex, completely flexible for most situations, and I am still always learning something new with it!

Unfortunately I don't live full time in the mountains (it's so nice up there), so I resort to having to use Remote Desktop to access the machine. The machine is also pulling data from a weather station I have outside, dumping the weather data into a SQL database, running a query once a minute to display the last outdoor temperature and humidity in a timestamp/macro in Blue Iris, and uploading a snapshot via FTP once a minute. There's a lot going on, but the machine is never loaded beyond 30%, both in CPU and RAM.

Tonight I was wanting to make a settings change in Blue Iris, and I restored it from a minimized state, and Blue Iris kept trying to refresh its window, and even after 20 minutes did not stabilize. I had to kill the process and restart it before I could use it. During the time the window was trying to refresh, the image captures and FTP upload ceased. I have the Remote Desktop image refresh setting set to 20 seconds (under Setup -> Cameras).

Here is a link to a video capture I made of the issue: HTML5 video (0.4 MB), or GIF (13 MB)

Any ideas? It's not super critical, and I'm not sure if it would ever get into this refresh loop if I weren't trying to see Blue Iris.

Thanks!