Blue Iris Remote Access "Server Timed Out" Error During Setup

gator1130

n3wb
Reaction score
I have have been using the Blue Iris app with no problems but recently got a new router. I have set up port forwarding and that part seems to work fine. When I am setting up remote access in Blue Iris, I get the check mark on every screen until the last one. The correct WAN address shows, the Verified IP is correct but the Verified Server give me "The operation has timed out". I go to canyouseeme.org and that part is fine, too. Does anyone know what would cause this message and prevent the remote access from working?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have have been using the Blue Iris app with no problems but recently got a new router. I have set up port forwarding and that part seems to work fine. When I am setting up remote access in Blue Iris, I get the check mark on every screen until the last one. The correct WAN address shows, the Verified IP is correct but the Verified Server give me "The operation has timed out". I go to canyouseeme.org and that part is fine, too. Does anyone know what would cause this message and prevent the remote access from working?
Did you make the appropriate changes, if any, (WAN IP or correct DDNS , LAN IP, port) in the BI app?

Do you have a static WAN IP or do you use DDNS?

Last edited:

gator1130

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a static IP. Canyouseeme.org showed that the forwarding is working both with the first port I tried and then also when I changed it to another one. It seems like it is not an issue with that. BI has the correct WAN and LAN addresses. Everything else on the Remote Access Wizard tells me that all of the settings are correct except this one last error on the final setup screen.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Regardless of the error message, if the WAN is correct, the port is correct and it's accessible remotely, then it should be seen remotely, such as from the BI app on tablet or smartphone, when on cell or remote Wi-Fi and not on local Wi-Fi.

Assuming the answer to my first question in post #2 is "yes", I would suggest you delete the BI server on the app completely and then e-enter.

gator1130

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I have tried that, too. The app will even find the correct LAN and WAN addresses when I enter the first and last 5 digits of my Licence Key and I am only connected via cell.