blue iris remote app viewing quality..

amorillo

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to blue iris , running 4 starlight cameras purchased from Andy, I have followed cpu optimization steps...direcet to disc recording..etc.. cpu is at around 13%..

whenever I view the streams through the app, blue iris, tinycam pro etc.. the stream quality does not look the same as if I set up the cameras directly.. the image squips steps, etc.. don't understand why. when viewing it through blue iris directly, the image qulaity looks good.. just no through any of the apps..

how can I get thr quality of remote viewing to closely match the quality as if i;m connected to the camera directly..I played a little with the web server advanced settings, in the encoder profiles, but the video still skips when viewing through any app..

any suggestions would be very helpfull , thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm new to blue iris , running 4 starlight cameras purchased from Andy, I have followed cpu optimization steps...direcet to disc recording..etc.. cpu is at around 13%..

whenever I view the streams through the app, blue iris, tinycam pro etc.. the stream quality does not look the same as if I set up the cameras directly.. the image squips steps, etc.. don't understand why. when viewing it through blue iris directly, the image qulaity looks good.. just no through any of the apps..

how can I get thr quality of remote viewing to closely match the quality as if i;m connected to the camera directly..I played a little with the web server advanced settings, in the encoder profiles, but the video still skips when viewing through any app..

any suggestions would be very helpfull , thank you.
Search, there are a bunch of threads with proper setup.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris re-encodes all video it sends to remote apps, in order to ensure compatibility. So the trick is getting the encoding parameters right for your situation, and of course making sure your stream is using the encoding settings you think it is. Post a screenshot of your encoding settings.