Blue Iris settings for GW3088IP?

wayneh

n3wb
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and bought a GW3088IP cam. I'll let you know how it works, but right now BI won't talk to it. It says user name/PW or port. I can log in using a web browser, so I have the PW right. I've fiddled with it for a few hours now with no luck. Has anyone used these with BI?

Thanks in advance

Wayne

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The GW USA website specs for it say it's 'ONVIF Profile S' compatible. Since you have the IP address, the username and PW and can view in browser OK have you plugged those in and tried using 'GWSECU' or 'GW Security' cam in dropdown for Camera 'Make' and clicked on 'Find/Inspect' in upper right corner of the 'new camera' setup window?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If the camera itself has not LPR capability then you got ripped off...big time..

wayneh

n3wb
Reaction score
Tony: I'm pretty comfortable setting up IP cams for BI, as it turns out when you change the password from anything but default, it first replies with an error and then lets you in. I think BI might not be happy with that since when I put it back to the default PW it worked fine. For anyone who might be interested, here are the settings:
upload_2017-7-29_13-19-43.png

Fenderman: Thanks for your thoughtful comment. TheGW3088IP is a purpose built LPR camera.

GW3088IP License Plate Recognition PoE IP Camera, HD 3 Megapixel 1920x1080 9~22mm Motorized (Remotely) Zoom Lens
upload_2017-7-29_13-16-41.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Tony: I'm pretty comfortable setting up IP cams for BI, as it turns out when you change the password from anything but default, it first replies with an error and then lets you in. I think BI might not be happy with that since when I put it back to the default PW it worked fine. For anyone who might be interested, here are the settings:
View attachment 20486

Fenderman: Thanks for your thoughtful comment. TheGW3088IP is a purpose built LPR camera.

GW3088IP License Plate Recognition PoE IP Camera, HD 3 Megapixel 1920x1080 9~22mm Motorized (Remotely) Zoom Lens
View attachment 20485
So it has no internal LPR capabilities?.....that makes it a regular camera with extra ir...WAY overpriced...its basically a motorized varifocal...a dahua motorized varifocal can be had for 170...they are charging your 300-400 extra for adding LPR in the description...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did not know what you had attempted prior to your post, so I went with what I could. Glad it's working for you and thanks for sharing the configuration

Xepher

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this is an old post, however I have a client that needs this camera working in Blue Iris as well now. and I am having a time getting it into Blue Iris even with the settings you provided. Anyone else have settings or suggestions.

wayneh

n3wb
Reaction score
Xepher:

So the Blue Iris upgrade on 1 Feb of this year caused my GW cam to cease functioning... not having time to figure out what the issue was, I simply reverted back to an older version. Last month I played with it, and had some back and forth with the BI folks to figure it out. It turns out there is/was some issue with H264/265 decoding, and if I recall, 265 does not work. Well I didn't change anything in my camera... but it works now and the cam/BI is set to H.264. To do this you have to log in with a web browser. (I use IE). I'm not on this forum too often, but if you still have problems send me a note or do something to get my attention and I'll try to help. All in all, this camera works quite well for what I want it for, day, night, rain and snow. Although the "license plate" blocking shields work....

The drop down menu for adding a GW cam did not work for me.

Good luck,

Wayne

Xepher

n3wb
Reaction score
Xepher:

So the Blue Iris upgrade on 1 Feb of this year caused my GW cam to cease functioning... not having time to figure out what the issue was, I simply reverted back to an older version. Last month I played with it, and had some back and forth with the BI folks to figure it out. It turns out there is/was some issue with H264/265 decoding, and if I recall, 265 does not work. Well I didn't change anything in my camera... but it works now and the cam/BI is set to H.264. To do this you have to log in with a web browser. (I use IE). I'm not on this forum too often, but if you still have problems send me a note or do something to get my attention and I'll try to help. All in all, this camera works quite well for what I want it for, day, night, rain and snow. Although the "license plate" blocking shields work....

The drop down menu for adding a GW cam did not work for me.

Good luck,

Wayne
Wayne, Thanks I got this to work found the settings and I am good to go. I truly appreciate the assist here!

X