Blue Iris software Shutting Down

Reaction score
I have been running the Blue Iris software now for many years and i like the program very much it exactly what i think a surveillance software should do. i have been run this program on a All in one Hp desktop computer. i started adding more cameras (all cameras or Foscam and Amcrest running 1080p and found i needed a better computer. I went out and had a Dell computer built to Blue Iris specs for multple cams (16) computer is a Dell Intel i 7 6700 @ 3.40 GHZ 16 GB of RAM 64 bit Operating System with a AMD Video Card and 1 TB Hardrive running Windows 10. Everything was running fine intil a month ago. After an update from Blue Iris or from Windows update I been having prolbems. Blue Iris just out of the blue just shuts down. I unstalled and reistalled the program. Still shutting down runs for about 14 hours and shuts down the last 2 days its about the same time and some times it runs for i few minutes and shuts down. Blue Iris is using about 53% of the cpu power. Blue Iris is the only thing i use the computer for. PLEASE HELP!! How do i stop this from happening?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been running the Blue Iris software now for many years and i like the program very much it exactly what i think a surveillance software should do. i have been run this program on a All in one Hp desktop computer. i started adding more cameras (all cameras or Foscam and Amcrest running 1080p and found i needed a better computer. I went out and had a Dell computer built to Blue Iris specs for multple cams (16) computer is a Dell Intel i 7 6700 @ 3.40 GHZ 16 GB of RAM 64 bit Operating System with a AMD Video Card and 1 TB Hardrive running Windows 10. Everything was running fine intil a month ago. After an update from Blue Iris or from Windows update I been having prolbems. Blue Iris just out of the blue just shuts down. I unstalled and reistalled the program. Still shutting down runs for about 14 hours and shuts down the last 2 days its about the same time and some times it runs for i few minutes and shuts down. Blue Iris is using about 53% of the cpu power. Blue Iris is the only thing i use the computer for. PLEASE HELP!! How do i stop this from happening?
This might be cause buy a bug and the Intel graphics driver which might be affected even if you're using the AMD card there's a thread that discusses this you can download earlier Intel driver or see if there's a newer one that resolves this issue also make sure you're running the latest version of Blue Iris. In either case I would remove the AMD card as you are not benefiting from it and you are sucking power... then with it Intel driver issue is resolved by Intel I would use Hardware acceleration to further reduce CPU consumption