Blue iris suddenly used 80% memory since last update.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Greetings,

I was running blue iris fine , just an issue with blue iris on a tablet. So I updated blue iris last week to the latest version. ( 4.64.12 x64)

With restarting I also noiticed that windows had a lot of updates installed. including a new video driver . A day later my CPU was again over 90% and Blue iris didn't work. Since I had this issue before with the memory leak , I rolled back the driver, and CPU is stable again, around 30% or so.

BUT, the last 2 days , blue iris stopped again and I noticed that blue iris uses 80% of the memory , which isn't normal.

I checked the video driver this is still the correct one: 21.20.16.4664

What else can be wrong :-(

It is a dedicated windows10 machine, running 16 HD cams , 15FPS direct to disk. Normally uses about 20% CPU, 3,5 GB memory.

Thanks,
Cor

Attachments

Alimanya

n3wb
Reaction score
Had the same issue a few weeks back. Fixed by reinstalling the video driver.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So , you are saying , rolling back to the previous driver does not work correctly? Although windows says it has the 4664 driver installed?

Thanks,
Cor

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So , you are saying , rolling back to the previous driver does not work correctly? Although windows says it has the 4664 driver installed?
He is saying that you might try reinstalling the 21.20.16.4664 video driver.

To which I would add...

(1) You might also try (with each camera) navigating to Blue Iris > Camera Properties > Video > Limit decoding unless required (checked)

...and if this doesn't solve the problem...

(2) Downgrade Blue Iris to 4.6.4.11

biss.jpg

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
He is saying that you might try reinstalling the 21.20.16.4664 video driver.

To which I would add...

(1) You might also try (with each camera) navigating to Blue Iris > Camera Properties > Video > Limit decoding unless required (checked)

...and if this doesn't solve the problem...

(2) Downgrade Blue Iris to 4.6.4.11

View attachment 23953
hey @Q is that are those 640x480 or 3~mp cams?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All of my cameras run at 1080p resolution (minimum) bro.
using the limit decoding just masks the problem and may introduce new issues...he has something else going on..

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats pretty good cpu usage
That's because I have a decent i7-6700 processor with the "limit decoding" option turned on. Also, I'm running low frame rates. But my processor will spike up to 50% or higher when many of these cameras are recording simultaneously. *However*, listen to what @fenderman has told you. He has provided some very wise counsel: enabling the "limit decoding" option will mask your underlying issue.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's because I have a decent i7-6700 processor with the "limit decoding" option turned on. Also, I'm running low frame rates. But my processor will spike up to 50% or higher when many of these cameras are recording simultaneously. *However*, listen to what @fenderman has told you. He has provided some very wise counsel: enabling the "limit decoding" option will mask your underlying issue.
And cause missing motion detection events.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yesterday I deleted the video driver, went back to the basic driver and re-installed the 21.20.16.4664 which was working good with the Blue iris version of about 2-3 months ago.

BUT , after a couple of hours , the memory usage goes over the roof , and the system is quite unresponsive.
Since my system was running fine on CPU usage ( 20-30%) and RAM usage before the update to 4.6.4.12 I rule out something is wrong with my setup.

For now I want to roll back to a previous version ( I think I had 4.6.4.8) , but does anyone knows where to download previous versions?

Thanks,
Cor

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same issue here i guess, i migrated this weekend to win10 on an intel nuc7i7 and since my cpu usage climbs to 99 percent in about 4 hours

But starts with about 20% any idea? Shall i remove the gpu drivers or downgrade blueiris? I am on the latest release

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ Bbakels: I am talking about something different here. My RAM peaks to 80-90% not my CPU. For your problem search in this forum for memory leak, there you find some solutions , for example install a previous video driver.

Cor

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No -one knows or knows where to download an older version like 4.6.4.8?

Thanks,
Cor

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am having the same issue with CPU. 12 cams, i7 7700k with 16gb RAM, CPU was around 20%, now around 80% at idle with nothing open. After reboot it will stay around 20-30% but over the course of the day will eventually end up around 80. I updated BI and Windows 10(forced) at the same time and thought it was the Win10 updates. Been chasing it for a couple weeks. There have been a couple updates to BI since and none of them have resolved it. Maybe I'll downgrade and see if that fixes it.
Running 4.6.4.12 x64

Last edited:

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having the same issue with CPU. 12 cams, i7 7700k with 16gb RAM, CPU was around 20%, now around 80% at idle with nothing open. After reboot it will stay around 20-30% but over the course of the day will eventually end up around 80. I updated BI and Windows 10(forced) at the same time and thought it was the Win10 updates. Been chasing it for a couple weeks. There have been a couple updates to BI since and none of them have resolved it. Maybe I'll downgrade and see if that fixes it.
Running 4.6.4.12 x64
What videocard do you have? I have a nuc7i7 with intel iris, i dont have windows 10 comparison, but this is a big issue for me.

Im running latest version, i now tried disabling the service and run as application.

Which version of bi was functioning fine for you.

And sorry for the thread hijack

Bart

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What videocard do you have? I have a nuc7i7 with intel iris, i dont have windows 10 comparison, but this is a big issue for me.

Im running latest version, i now tried disabling the service and run as application.

Which version of bi was functioning fine for you.

And sorry for the thread hijack

Bart

I just disabled ha acceleration and cpu sames stable so thats what causing my cpu increase.

Run as service or as app wont make a difference.

However i still need ha accelleration to reduce cpu load, so what can i do?

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ bbakels, This thread is about something else, I am talking about extreme RAM usage, please start your own thread or post in the thread related to your problem...thanks.
@ Zebrock: same for you , talking about RAM here , not CPU!

@ BP2008: Thanks for the link , I downgraded last night to 4.6.3.0 , and all is stable again , I can leave my house now with a bit of pease of mind.

Bit now the question; is it something wrong with Blue iris , or something wrong with the intel driver , or something wrong in my system. Since all run fine up to version 4.6.4.8, and I had a new windows 10 install about 4-5 months ago on a new computer. I kinda rule out it is my system, or setup.

Thanks,
Cor

Last edited: