Blue Iris Support - reachable?

Santakrooz

n3wb
Reaction score
Does any know if Blue Iris support is reachable? All my emails to support@blueirissoftware.com get bounced back as "undeliverable". Trying to report pretty bad memory leak when using HLS stream in latest update. But cannot reach Blue Iris, just get bounce backs, trying for weeks.

Are there any alternative phone numbers or email addresses or forums where I can talk to someone from Blue Iris?

Thanks
SK

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does any know if Blue Iris support is reachable? All my emails to support@blueirissoftware.com get bounced back as "undeliverable". Trying to report pretty bad memory leak when using HLS stream in latest update. But cannot reach Blue Iris, just get bounce backs, trying for weeks.

Are there any alternative phone numbers or email addresses or forums where I can talk to someone from Blue Iris?

Thanks
SK
There is no phone number...it is not out of business...Others have been able to reach support...so it must be bouncing your email back as spam...send from a standard gmail address. Blue iris is coded and supported by a single developer that is why you can purchase it for only 60 dollars...if you want priority support it is available for an additional fee.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All my messages to support are from my standard gmail account- example:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

support@blueirissoftware.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at "Recipient server did not accept our requests" error - Gmail Help
[mail.blueirissoftware.com. 64.20.60.68: timed out]
well there are many others here who have contacted support so I cannot believe you were having issues contacting support for "weeks"

Santakrooz

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. 13days. I'm not jumping the gun here. I've been sending emails from gmail to support since mid Dec. I really have no idea if their email is down, or what.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
like I said others have had no problem...try another email address.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For quickest support, please first use the “Email support now” button on the Options page in the software, then paste this information into your message.

Santakrooz

n3wb
Reaction score
Ya, thx. I did that. I think it's something between Google and BI's email server. Will try from yahoo account. or my own email server.

cahiatt

n3wb
Reaction score
What is their typical response time? I haven't had a response yet but it has only been 24 hours.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish... I emailed them Monday this week with a simple question and still have not received a response.
that is typical...you may have to wait longer...if you want priority support there is a fee for it.

bitNine

n3wb
Reaction score
that is typical...you may have to wait longer...if you want priority support there is a fee for it.
I was looking around for info/pricing on the priority support. Might be worth purchasing for the work setup. I wasn't able to find any pricing. Any idea how much it costs?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely. Though $60 for a year of priority support is chump change for work stuff. Might be worth it just for the first year.

Thanks!!
Yes it is relatively cheap..

bitNine

n3wb
Reaction score
And obviously worth supporting. BI is, without a doubt, the best NVR setup I've used. I've been through like 7 piece of crap hardware NVRs, and have played with iSpy for years. This is far better than any of them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And obviously worth supporting. BI is, without a doubt, the best NVR setup I've used. I've been through like 7 piece of crap hardware NVRs, and have played with iSpy for years. This is far better than any of them.
Yes. You would be surprised about how many folks bitch and moan about the 30 dollar upgrade fee going from BI3 to BI4...you have the right mindset...

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is pretty simple, most software this quality, in this buisness costs much more then $60.00 a year. I gladly pay it. Most of my questions are answered here. I don't think I've ever used support.