Blue Iris Tivo Hack

Reaction score
If you are a Tivo and Blue Iris user, this might be helpful:

First off, this hack is not very good, but I find it somewhat useful. I am able to view JPEG shots from by BI cams to my Tivo clients (Roamio & Tivo Minis) without having to switch remotes, inputs, etc.. Tivo killed MP4 streaming and other things via home media (besides Plex), but I can still view snapshots from my Tivo UI and that is better than nothing. I would love to have UI3 working with this hack, but the software used doesn't work with HTML5. Anyway, it is better than nothing :)

Reaction score
Should be working again now. The best route though is to get a Fire TV stick and side load the Android app. Requires input switching on your TV, but the result is pretty solid. Also, if you have $400-500 to burn, you could buy an HDMI to QAM modulator to inject the FireTV (or a Raspberry Pi) into your cable signal. Haven’t tried it yet, but I have considered it if I can get one cheap off eBay. This would create a channel on your cable tv that the TiVo would tune to just like any other channel but it would display the BI page coming form the HDMI source (like FireTV). A lot of work to prevent changing inputs, but if you have lots of TiVo Minis throughout your house like I do, it might be worth it.