Blue Iris triggers motion alert at sunrise and sunset everyday for outdoor camera

d8taslay3r

n3wb
Reaction score
Every morning around sunrise and every night around sunset I get a motion alert on my Foscam outdoor globe camera. I'm sure it has to do with the light fading at sunset and the IR coming on and the opposite in the morning. (When watching the clip it looks like a nuclear explosion has gone off nearby due to the sudden flash of the IR)

Anyway - is there a way to tweak the settings so this does not cause a motion event twice a day everyday?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The only way to avoid this is to increase your make time...however this will likely cause you to miss some motion events.

d8taslay3r

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will see what setting I have to move it up to in order to cut that out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
what you may want to do is have different settings for alerts and recording. This way you can record at a lower threshold and alert at a higher. The way to do this is to clone the camera (set up a duplicate camera but make it hidden) and set the hidden cam for alerts only and disable the recording.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To help with this problem I set up a dawn/dusk profile and schedule it to begin 30 min before and end 30 min after the average trigger event time relative to sunrise/sunset. The settings in this profile increase the chance of missing a desired event but it's only an hour morning and evening. It was worth it to me to eliminate the false triggers.

BWB8771

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@anijet - is your dawn/dusk profile still working? I'm baffled by the "relative to sunrise.." settings in the profiles as one would logically then see just a +/- window, instead of a hh:mm am/pm selection we now get (BI v4.1.1.5)

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@anijet - is your dawn/dusk profile still working? I'm baffled by the "relative to sunrise.." settings in the profiles as one would logically then see just a +/- window, instead of a hh:mm am/pm selection we now get (BI v4.1.1.5)
You simply drag the balloon before or after to sunrise sunset to adjust the relativity.