Blue Iris UI3 beta test is now open!

Discussion in 'Blue Iris' started by bp2008, Nov 1, 2017.

Share This Page

1. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

I've updated Windows with the update utility and reproduced this video hanging problem in Edge. Whether I can fix it or not remains to be seen!

Tinman likes this.
  2. Philip Gonzales

Philip Gonzales Getting the hang of it

How do you put cameras in a strip? Do you just resize it? How do you get cameras to be in one column?

3. Tinman

Tinman Pulling my weight

Tested beta 8 for about a hour with my brother remotely using chrome and everything worked and was VERY fast loading clips & alerts. GREAT job !!

4. PatPend

PatPend Young grasshopper

I just tried FF 57 with these settings. Works ok until you click on a live camera in full frame view to return to all camera view, then hangs on the reload. Have to close the tab and re-open the page.

Other than that - any downside to simply enabling these features in FF permanently?

5. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Nope. Can't fix. This version of Edge is slow in UI3, UI2, and even jpegpull.htm!

My solution for new releases is this:

[​IMG]

6. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Indeed, upon further testing, Firefox has a lot of trouble changing streams in H.264 mode. This kind of thing is to be expected with new APIs that aren't yet standard, I suppose. It could be worse. It could be Microsoft Edge.

I don't see any harm to leaving those flags enabled in FF.

7. LTek

LTek Young grasshopper

I don't plan to update to FF v57 ... staying at 56, they are breaking too many legacy plugins that make FF worth using. Without those legacy plugins, FF is nothing special IMO. I highly suggest people stay on FF 56 until Mozilla removed head from tush.

8. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

I daresay Firefox is doing pretty poorly lately. Even 56 doesn't do terribly well in UI3, achieving about half the frame rate in jpeg mode compared to Chrome. I'm going to take it off the recommended list in the About panel.

9. Tinman

Tinman Pulling my weight

Yup, and IE11 is hanging on by a thread....if it weren't for the activex and cameras it would be gone. Too bad about Edge, wouldn't it be nice to have a OS that had everything in one package :)

10. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Firefox 57 and the latest Edge both seem to have the same problem with H.264 streaming. The streaming connections stay open when they are supposed to be closed. The Blue Iris Status panel, Connections tab shows the FPS for my session keep going up further and further when I change streams.

Turns out these browsers may require a different method to close the streams than the method that works in Webkit-based browsers like Chrome and Safari.

Update: My first impression is that Firefox 57 works fine and correctly closes streams after implementing the new stream abort method. Edge does close the streams eventually, too, but goes responsive for other unknown reasons and general performance even in jpeg mode is simply unacceptable.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  11. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Beta b9 is now available in the first post.

Changes include:
    * Removed notices about Alert playback being unfinished.
    * Added warning for users on the current latest Edge version, which can't handle UI3 well.
    * Fixed H.264 stream cancellation in Firefox 57 (with streams preferences enabled).
    * Fixed bug in some browsers where the playback controls settings panel would close if you moused over the white part of the settings icon.

PatPend likes this.
  12. Hokiecow

Hokiecow n3wb

After logging in, it shows a status and never makes it past "Checking Session Status - Fail" and at the lower right is a message that says "Unable to contact Blue Iris server to check session status". Is there anything I need to change in the software? It does this both on my network and externally. I can use the default BI web interface fine.

upload_2017-11-14_21-18-21.png

13. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Are you using any kind of proxy server to access Blue Iris? Something that might not be handling 'POST' requests correctly?

14. Hokiecow

Hokiecow n3wb

The only thing I use to access the computer Blue Iris is on is Team Viewer; otherwise I don't use a proxy server.

15. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

I mean when you connect via the browser. But I guess if you used a proxy server for that then you would have known what I meant :)

I added some more detail to that error message. Download this file, extract it and replace the ui3.js located in ui3beta/ui3/

Be sure to reload the page -- if you don't get more detail in the error message, clear your browser cache and try again.

Attached Files:

16. MEZERR

MEZERR Young grasshopper

Recently upgraded from Beta 4 to Beta 8, and now when viewing any Alert, I get "Fail response when getting clip stats from server. This alert may have inaccurate duration"

[​IMG]

17. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Beta b7 and newer require you to update Blue Iris for full functionality.

18. MEZERR

MEZERR Young grasshopper

Fixed. Thanks. (Sorry I thought I was fully updated in BI)

19. bonsey

bonsey Young grasshopper

Just installed the latest and noticed if I use the traffic button, it turns BI off but seems I can't restart it back to green.

20. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

You are probably turning it yellow? You can disable the yellow state by going to Blue Iris Options > Status tab. Bottom option "Delay a green signal by displaying a yellow signal for ____"

21. MEZERR

MEZERR Young grasshopper

CTRL Tilde works really well to isolate the video. THANKS!!!!!!

22. bonsey

bonsey Young grasshopper

When I click the signal in UI3, it changes to red and BI also changes to red. Once that happens, I have to go back to the BI console system to put it back to green. Where is that option located? In the UI3 or console?

23. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

The option is in the console.

What happens when you click the traffic signal in UI3 after it is already red?

FYI most of the traffic signal options are on the "Other" tab just to the right of the "Startup" tab. There, you can basically disable all effects of the traffic signal.

24. bonsey

bonsey Young grasshopper

Nothing happens after I click the signal in UI3, I would think the first click would turn it red, second click back to green, or some variation there of? But once it goes red after the first click, any more clicks seem to do nothing.

25. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Anyone else have this issue? Mine works fine still.

26. bonsey

bonsey Young grasshopper

If it matters,I'm using Win7 and Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Edit: I just upgraded Chrome to Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (32-bit) and now it still does the same thing but then I get nonstop orange popups saying "The video stream was lost, Attempting to reconnect".

When I use IE (Version 11.0.9600.18837) it doesn't load at all, I get the attached error and then it sits there saying "Loading" and everything is listed as "BUSY".

BI UI3 error.png

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 1:16 PM
  27. Tinman

Tinman Pulling my weight

Mine works fine....he does have admin rights ?

28. bob2701

bob2701 Getting the hang of it

Mine also works fine. Click it once it goes red and stays red, click it a second time it lights the center and after 30 seconds goes green.

29. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

It turns out the latest version broke Internet Explorer. It will be fixed in the next update. I also found a workaround for the issue causing most of the problems with the latest version of Edge, and that will be fixed as well.

I still have no idea about your stoplight problem or why H.264 streaming has stopped working since you updated chrome. If you want to send me a private message with remote connection details and make me a temporary user account in Blue Iris (it will need admin rights), I can connect and see if I can find the problem.

30. bonsey

bonsey Young grasshopper

Thanks for the update. I found out why it stops responding when clicking the signal in UI3. I had the option ticked in BI console under the "Other" tab to "Disable webserver". So obviously once that happens, it ain't gonna respond to any other requests from UI3. Once I un-ticked that, no issues with going from red to green to yellow per click. :smash:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 4:38 PM
    awsum140 and actran like this.