Blue Iris UI3 Login in fail from WAN (Cricket Wireless)

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trying to get UI3 to connect from Android phone from when I am not on local WIFI. When I try to connect using WAN address I get Login failed but Blue Iris did not provide a reason. I used the Remote access wizard to configure and everything looks right to me. I used canyouseeme.org to verify the port is open. I am using port 81 for both the LAN and WAN. The LAN works fine with UI3.

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help bp2008. I don't think it is related to UI3, because I unchecked Use new UI3 preview and the old UI would not work either in WAN mode. It seems like this may be related to my carrier, Cricket (ATT) and BI. I can see my phone's carrier ip attempting to log in when I look at Blue Iris Status -> Connections tab. Occasionally I will hear the audible beep when it is trying to connect. Anyone else have issues with trying to connect using Cricket?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help bp2008. I don't think it is related to UI3, because I unchecked Use new UI3 preview and the old UI would not work either in WAN mode. It seems like this may be related to my carrier, Cricket (ATT) and BI. I can see my phone's carrier ip attempting to log in when I look at Blue Iris Status -> Connections tab. Occasionally I will hear the audible beep when it is trying to connect. Anyone else have issues with trying to connect using Cricket?
there are other threads where users have issues with cricket.

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. I have tried searching through them and can find anyone with same specific problem and solution. I am going to repost under troubleshooting.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. I have tried searching through them and can find anyone with same specific problem and solution. I am going to repost under troubleshooting.
i dont believe there is a solution...i dont know exactly what the issue is...you can try emailing support but if he doesnt have a crickett phone, I dont know that he can help.
Alternatively, you can try using a vpn which will also make your connection more secure.
also see hamachi
also see ngrok