Blue Iris - update 3-3-2018 - will not restart

Reaction score
Blue Iris 3-3-2018 - after installing update Blue Iris will not restart the first time this ever happened

Reaction score
Uninstalled Blue Iris and reinstalled version (4.4.2.0 w32) keeping login info - Disabled auto update and up and running thanks for the post reply

wowens18

n3wb
Reaction score
Having the same problem with XP with last update Version 4.7.0.1 (March 5, 2018) - won't restart

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Having the same problem with XP with last update Version 4.7.0.1 (March 5, 2018) - won't restart
newest release says xp is fixed...you should not be using xp anyway..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply - I run blue iris and my web server on this XP machine, I have other machines ready but this old XP been running 10 years or so, just waiting on it to stop running it just stubborn like me
if you are exposing the machine to the internet you are asking for trouble...its completely vulnerable....also you are likely using more power on that old machine than it would cost to replace it ....so you are paying your electric company instead of yourself..

wowens18

n3wb
Reaction score
if you are exposing the machine to the internet you are asking for trouble...its completely vulnerable....also you are likely using more power on that old machine than it would cost to replace it ....so you are paying your electric company instead of yourself..
This was a post from 2014:

Welcome to the forum....make sure you have your license key.
Go to blue iris options about
Export your settings
Deactivate your account.
Import settings on new pc
enter license key.

Still good to move to another machine using these steps?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This was a post from 2014:

Welcome to the forum....make sure you have your license key.
Go to blue iris options about
Export your settings
Deactivate your account.
Import settings on new pc
enter license key.

Still good to move to another machine using these steps?
yes

Clipbrd

n3wb
Reaction score
I avoided the HTTP update as long as I could,, because I knew there would be issues...
A couple nights ago, I allowed the updates to continue and of course that included the HTTP update, and as expected, now via my HTMLs I am no longer able to view the cameras..

I used to be able to pull images using "http://DOMAIN:port#/image/Camera#". but since the update, nothing.

What has happened this time ??

clipbrd

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I avoided the HTTP update as long as I could,, because I knew there would be issues...
A couple nights ago, I allowed the updates to continue and of course that included the HTTP update, and as expected, now via my HTMLs I am no longer able to view the cameras..

I used to be able to pull images using "http://DOMAIN:port#/image/Camera#". but since the update, nothing.

What has happened this time ??

clipbrd
what http update are you talking about?
works fine...need to use camera shortname not camera number.