Blue Iris Update Error

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've gone to check to see whether there are any updates (which I do a couple of times per week) and having installed the new update and gone to launch BI, I get an error message which states "The application was unable to start correctly (Oxc000007b). Click OK to close the application"

Any ideas what this is and has anybody else suffered with this problem?

Reaction score
Yep Lusk. Same issue here. Not sure what to do. I checked the BI support page. No info on the problem.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep Lusk. Same issue here. Not sure what to do. I checked the BI support page. No info on the problem.
Oh, sorry to hear that but glad that I am not alone. I've emailed Ken but hoping that I can get up and running before too long as dead cctv is an issue. My installation was on a Win 2011 server but I did have another install on a Win 7 machine which I've just tried to update and that has updated OK. I am just in the process of copying the BI folder from the server machine onto the 7 machine and then seeing if I can get the system up and running again until the server is fixed.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also just got this error. Cameras out of business until it's fixed, apparently. Good thing it's still noon. I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

Frazier

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm also broken after the most recent update today. Running on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit.

If anyone has a back channel communications with the program publisher, they need to stop this update from being applied. This issue can't be resolved by an 'auto update' since the app won't start.

Reaction score
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Had this product for a while now with no real issues. Not sure how this will be fixed as the program has to be running to install an update that would fix it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

dolsey01

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried rolling back the executable using the previous versions client but still get the error. I'm on Server Essentials 2012R2.

I also tried rolling back the entire folder but still have the same result.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I went back to 4.2.3.2 and it works, but deleted all my cameras and licensing. Even though I chose the tab to save it all. :-/

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I went back to 4.2.3.2 and it works, but deleted all my cameras and licensing. Even though I chose the tab to save it all. :-/
Where did you get the update file from?

dolsey01

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to get mine up and running using an old update file from 4.0.1. It did kill one of my camera's though so I'm not sure if it's the best way. I can upload somewhere is there is interest in the method.

Update: I then ran a 4.3.7.1 update I had and I'm up and running on all my cameras.

I've uploaded the updates to my OneDrive if anyone needs them.

4.0.1 Update https://1drv.ms/u/s!AGsHrIGzDKU2hXw

4.3.7 Update https://1drv.ms/u/s!AGsHrIGzDKU2hX0

There are for 64 Bit OS

Last edited by a moderator:

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where did you get the update file from?
Had it on my system. I had went through the app needing to be rolled back and never lost all my cams and setting before :( Also giving me "Invalid DateTime" on all the saved clips. Pretty unhappy right now as a few cams are a problematic to set up and can't find my notes.

IM sent to you....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All updates should be manually downloaded and installed so that you have the files to revert back if needed. There are dropbox links in some threads have links to older updates.

Russ

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to get mine up and running using an old update file from 4.0.1. It did kill one of my camera's though so I'm not sure if it's the best way. I can upload somewhere is there is interest in the method.

Update: I then ran a 4.3.7.1 update I had and I'm up and running on all my cameras.

I've uploaded the updates to my OneDrive if anyone needs them.

4.0.1 Update https://1drv.ms/u/s!AGsHrIGzDKU2hXw

4.3.7 Update https://1drv.ms/u/s!AGsHrIGzDKU2hX0

There are for 64 Bit OS
Thanks for posting this dolsey. The 4.3.7 update got mine going again. I am running Windows 7 Pro x64.

Russ

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the links people but I am getting the message the licence has been entered too many times and must be reset. Hope BI support comes back to me quickly.

wewoapsiak

n3wb
Reaction score
All updates should be manually downloaded and installed so that you have the files to revert back if needed. There are dropbox links in some threads have links to older updates.
Do you just download via the BI website and the big "Blue Iris New-Install Package" button each time you want to update?

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like 4.3.9.2 is out now. Going to try updating with this and see if it can resolve this problem without deleting all my settings and cameras.